uoppredent

10+ Year Member
Jul 27, 2008
Status
Pre-Dental
i think i might get a C+ in a bio course...and even if i ace the final it'll be C+ most likely...i'm scared
and i was fortunate enough to be given a seat at UoP...but they said B or better. I was wondering if that applied to the next 2nd semester or both the current semester and next. :/
haha thanks

PDizzle

PreDents.com
Partner Organization
10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Oct 25, 2005
LSU, New Orleans
www.predents.com
Status
Resident [Any Field]
Doh!! You better get on your knees!!

If you took that as praying to God, then God bless you.

If you took that as the "other" way to get a better grade on your knees...then shame on you!!! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

About the Ads

Kokugeka Shiro

10+ Year Member
Nov 24, 2008
Status
Dental Student
"B or better" seems a little harsh for make-or-break ultimatums...I mean **** happens, ya know?

As far as I know UoP has the most strict rule in this regard.

DiNoZeRo2o9

10+ Year Member
Sep 23, 2008
Stockton, CA
Status
Dental Student
I would talk to the Professor. See if there is anything you can do in your power to change that C+. Also shame on you too, knowing you were going to dental school and needed to keep your grades up! If your Professor won't help you, talk to UoP BEFORE they see the grade themselves.

Chesnok

Waiting game has ended
10+ Year Member
Jul 1, 2008
Status
Dental Student
Don't procrastinate guys.

trukini

10+ Year Member
Oct 30, 2008
Status
Pre-Dental
dont worry, make sure you get a high score on the DAT on Bio and say you were slacking, or it was a tough time for you... blah blah... a comeback story is welcomed...worst case do a masters later.

DrDDSman

10+ Year Member
Jul 19, 2007
Status
Dental Student
dont worry, make sure you get a high score on the DAT on Bio and say you were slacking, or it was a tough time for you... blah blah... a comeback story is welcomed...worst case do a masters later.
RC much? The OP already got into UoP...

OP: Goodluck.

DuffMan01

10+ Year Member
Nov 14, 2008
Status
Pre-Dental
Best advice....talk to UOP so you can get a straight and accurate answer.

Good luck to you!

uoppredent

10+ Year Member
Jul 27, 2008
Status
Pre-Dental
I am assuming he will loose the seat and will have to start all over...

imagination much?
hahaha hopefully i won't lose my seat
but yeah bio was one of my decent section for my DAT (26)
i'll just study my butt off and hopefully i'll get lucky :/

PDizzle

PreDents.com
Partner Organization
10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Oct 25, 2005
LSU, New Orleans
www.predents.com
Status
Resident [Any Field]
hahaha hopefully i won't lose my seat
but yeah bio was one of my decent section for my DAT (26)
i'll just study my butt off and hopefully i'll get lucky :/
With a 26 in bio you can pretty much make anything up and I'm pretty sure they will let you slide (not telling you to lie, but if ya did, I'd believe you!:laugh:)

klutzy1987

StudyingSucks Letsgo Mets
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Jan 28, 2008
New York
Status
Dental Student
You were sick on the day of a test and the professor refused to give you a makeup. That dropped your grade. Say what you want just keep it convincing. This is your life we are talking about. Dont get all ethical now, do whatever you have to to kep your seat at UoP.

Jessi4eve

10+ Year Member
Jul 29, 2008
Status
Pre-Dental
Come on Trukini... Tell us what you were drinking (j/k). The guy has already been guaranteed a seat at UOP.

Chesnok

Waiting game has ended
10+ Year Member
Jul 1, 2008
Status
Dental Student
I was wondering about the same , why he was talking about DAT.

trukini

10+ Year Member
Oct 30, 2008
Status
Pre-Dental
Come on Trukini... Tell us what you were drinking (j/k). The guy has already been guaranteed a seat at UOP.

He is afraid of the worst case and I was putting it in perspective, if you all think it is not possible, then what is the panicking all about. Tell them you were busy doing research and forgot some deadlines and the intial professor was ok with that, but then they changee the professor, after the first one died eating apple pie... If you are going to lie, LIE BIG...

pass me the bottle jessie... glup glup glup

Jessi4eve

10+ Year Member
Jul 29, 2008
Status
Pre-Dental
He is afraid of the worst case and I was putting it in perspective, if you all think it is not possible, then what is the panicking all about. Tell them you were busy doing research and forgot some deadlines and the intial professor was ok with that, but then they changee the professor, after the first one died eating apple pie... If you are going to lie, LIE BIG...

pass me the bottle jessie... glup glup glup
\

Oh, yeahhhh, righttttt. You were putting it in perspective;););););). I thought DAT scores were legit for three years. why would you advise him to take it again? Who has got the bottle? Me or You? I would like to try some of that thing you were drinking though;) Pass it on boy!

uoppredent

10+ Year Member
Jul 27, 2008
Status
Pre-Dental
hahaha you guys are funny :]
a friend of mine at dent school said this "b or better" only applies to second semester and not this semester. so i'm just hoping that he's right but i think i'm gonna give the dent school a call tomorrow

About the Ads