You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
UHCO Class of 2025
Started by star_m
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Following this thread. I also applied early August and am waiting to hear back. Have you still not heard from them?
Have you heard anything back from UHCO?
I'm waiting for Houston too,
Date OptomCAS submitted: 08/30/20
Date verified: 09/01/20
OAT Scores: 350 AA/350 TS
Major: BSA Biology/minor in Teaching
GPA (Overall/Science): 3.48/3.5
Schools applied: NSUOCO, UHCO, NOVA
Interviews extended/date: NOVA (9/25/20)
Interviews accepted/date: NOVA (10/5/20)
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I actually just heard back for an interview this past week!Following this thread. I also applied early August and am waiting to hear back. Have you still not heard from them?
Have you heard anything back from UHCO?
I'm waiting for Houston too,
Date OptomCAS submitted: 08/30/20
Date verified: 09/01/20
OAT Scores: 350 AA/350 TS
Major: BSA Biology/minor in Teaching
GPA (Overall/Science): 3.48/3.5
Schools applied: NSUOCO, UHCO, NOVA
Interviews extended/date: NOVA (9/25/20)
Interviews accepted/date: NOVA (10/5/20)
I just heard back from them this past week! Congratulations on your acceptance to NOVA!
Great! Thanks, my last LOR just turn in this week, hope I'll receive interview invite soon. UHCO is my first choice!I just heard back from them this past week! Congratulations on your acceptance to NOVA!
when is your interview date?
Great! Good luck! let us know how it goes afterIt’s Oct 7th! Covid really delayed a lot of the normal timeline
Congrats on your UHCO!! Can you share your GPA, OAT score, and extracurricular activities?I heard back the following Monday after my interview with an acceptance offer!
Hi,Has anyone heard back from UHCO for interviews? I applied early August and yet have heard back.
I have a good GPA and a decent OAT score and I am involved in lot of extracurricular activities too. I didn’t have any complicated questions during interview but they put me on waitlist. I felt really disappointed. Do you know what went wrong?
I have 3.4 GPA, 350 OAT lot of EC, work as opt asst. No Interview, and I'm UH grad Bio major. I have interview with NOVA & SCO. Its not you! they have more qualified students appliedHi,
I have a good GPA and a decent OAT score and I am involved in lot of extracurricular activities too. I didn’t have any complicated questions during interview but they put me on waitlist. I felt really disappointed. Do you know what went wrong?
So, does UH didn't even select you for an interview?? For UH it will take them at least 3 or more weeks to get back to you after you submit your Optomcas. I have a 3.9 GPA and 340 OAT score and involved in many extracurricular activities too. I worked as an optometry technician for a year, shadowing experience, officer of Pre-Optometry.I have 3.4 GPA, 350 OAT lot of EC, work as opt asst. No Interview, and I'm UH grad Bio major. I have interview with NOVA & SCO. Its not you! they have more qualified students applied
Not yet. but I have offer from NOVA and coming interview with SCO. Are you TX applicant?So, does UH didn't even select you for an interview?? For UH it will take them at least 3 or more weeks to get back to you after you submit your Optomcas. I have a 3.9 GPA and 340 OAT score and involved in many extracurricular activities too. I worked as an optometry technician for a year, shadowing experience, officer of Pre-Optometry.
No, I am not. UHCO was my number 1 choice though.Not yet. but I have offer from NOVA and coming interview with SCO. Are you TX applicant?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
UHCO accepts about 10% of the in coming class from OOS. About 10-12 students, and after one year OOS students can pay in-state tuition. Maybe they have enough OOS students, you're in waitlist and a lot can change till May 2021. Just hang in there. Best of luck! but you should have back up school!No, I am not. UHCO was my number 1 choice though.
Can I ask how your interview with NOVA went? I have mine next week and I’m curious what questions they asked, the difficulty, and anything I should look out for.Not yet. but I have offer from NOVA and coming interview with SCO. Are you TX applicant?
First interview with recruiter (open file): prepare regular interview questions, how to deal with stress, which one is your most challenge classes, your leadership roles, what did you do .....Can I ask how your interview with NOVA went? I have mine next week and I’m curious what questions they asked, the difficulty, and anything I should look out for.
Second interview with faculty member (close file) conversation, more relax..
Then, informal get to know you virtual lunch with other candidates
Hope it helps!
They will let you know in couple of days. Good Luck!Thank you! I just had my interview with NOVA this morning I feel it went well !
I finally got interview invite from UHCO (01/06/2021). I also hold one spot with SCO with decent scholarship offerI just heard back from them this past week! Congratulations on your acceptance to NOVA!
Dan102
New Member
Does this fee structure apply to international students?UHCO accepts about 10% of the in coming class from OOS. About 10-12 students, and after one year OOS students can pay in-state tuition. Maybe they have enough OOS students, you're in waitlist and a lot can change till May 2021. Just hang in there. Best of luck! but you should have back up school!
If you got accepted, check out scholarships opportunity, base on case by case,
www.opt.uh.edu
Student Scholarships
Student Scholarships: The University of Houston College of Optometry (UHCO) has numerous scholarship opportunities made possible by our donors, corporate partners and friends of the College.
Similar threads
- Replies
- 0
- Views
- 3K