UHCO INTERVIEW WITH LOW OAT AND LOW GPA

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

IceCreamLover34536

Reaction score
I applied very late in the cycle (February 4th) and applied to UHCO. I heard back from them on the 12th. They invited me for an interview. However, I checked their OAT averages for the class of 2022 and they're super above mine. I've seen the people who already got in with scores of 360, 350, 370.

(BTW, I am an out of state student)
GPA: 3.36
Science GPA: 2.95
AA: 300
TS: 300
I got below a 300 on Physics, QR and Reading.

Even if I interview with them, what are the chances that they will ask me to retake the OAT?

I was actually really shocked to see that they invited me, but I just didn't understand why.

Are my OAT scores and GPA too low for UHCO?

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Only one way to find out, call them and ask if they would want to retake your OAT. The guy who runs admissions is awesome so there should be no problem in that.

Seems like youre in good shape to me though tbh

Last edited:
I applied very late in the cycle (February 4th) and applied to UHCO. I heard back from them on the 12th. They invited me for an interview. However, I checked their OAT averages for the class of 2022 and they're super above mine. I've seen the people who already got in with scores of 360, 350, 370.

(BTW, I am an out of state student)
GPA: 3.36
Science GPA: 2.95
AA: 300
TS: 300
I got below a 300 on Physics, QR and Reading.

Even if I interview with them, what are the chances that they will ask me to retake the OAT?

I was actually really shocked to see that they invited me, but I just didn't understand why.

Are my OAT scores and GPA too low for UHCO?

curious on how long you studied?

Members don't see this ad :)
When's your interview? All the optometrist (9 of them) that I've worked for all went to UHCO. And they said once you get an invite, you are basically accepted!

Did you participate in lots of volunteer work and have many years of Optometry experience? Extracurricular activities, etc.???
Curious!

What made you say that??

2.9 sGPA. You will be taking 20+ credit hours per semester. All hard sciences.

Not saying its impossible, maybe OP graduated from a very hard school or really turned it around with a post-bac or their last 2 years of school.
But it is an uphill battle if you do not take care of yourself mentally and go in prepared.

Hey OP, any update? Did you get an acceptance? How was your interview?

Reactions: 1 users