UHCO Interview

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

preoptstudent3

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
I interviewed w UHCO yesterday (11/22). For the ones who were already accepted, how was your interview? My interviewers were very conversational, but they did not ask a lot about optometry.

I’ll here back about their decision next week, but what did y’all think about your experience w UHCO?

UH is my top choice bc I go to UH for undergrad. I’m super nervous.

Members don't see this ad.

Hi there! You should not worry about not having too many optometry related questions during your interview. Interviews are a way for admissions committees to see whether you are going to be a good fit for their program, and being a good fit means much more than having a knowledge base. They want to see who you are as a human being and how well you will adapt to this new phase because this will determine your success in the program and in your future profession. That is why most interviews focus on getting to know you, what you have done besides academics, and the skills you have developed by engaging in different previous activities. They just aim at identifying whether you have the essential qualities or non-cognitive skills that programs value because that is what tells them that you are a good fit. Hope this helps and best of luck!