UHCO Personal Statement Wordcount

Started by tnn
This forum made possible through the generous support of
SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

tnn

Junior Member
10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I've just finished my personal statement, but the problem is that UHCO limits personal statements to 500 words... I have 560 words. I've been trying to cut it down, but I think I've done the most I can without leaving out things I really want the admissions committee to know. Do you guys think I would be okay 60 words over?

THANKS
 
I would cut it down to their limit. They set the limit for a reason (so they don't have to read personal statements that should be novels) and I imagine would not be too pleased for someone applying to ignore their directions.
 
tnn said:
I've just finished my personal statement, but the problem is that UHCO limits personal statements to 500 words... I have 560 words. I've been trying to cut it down, but I think I've done the most I can without leaving out things I really want the admissions committee to know. Do you guys think I would be okay 60 words over?

THANKS


See U at UHCO soon TNN 😀 good luck with app's~
 
I also agree to cut it down. Generally short and to the point is much better than long and drawn out, even if you do have a lot to talk about.