UHCO Personal Statement Wordcount

This forum made possible through the generous support of
SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

tnn

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I've just finished my personal statement, but the problem is that UHCO limits personal statements to 500 words... I have 560 words. I've been trying to cut it down, but I think I've done the most I can without leaving out things I really want the admissions committee to know. Do you guys think I would be okay 60 words over?

THANKS

Members don't see this ad.

I would cut it down to their limit. They set the limit for a reason (so they don't have to read personal statements that should be novels) and I imagine would not be too pleased for someone applying to ignore their directions.

tnn said:
I've just finished my personal statement, but the problem is that UHCO limits personal statements to 500 words... I have 560 words. I've been trying to cut it down, but I think I've done the most I can without leaving out things I really want the admissions committee to know. Do you guys think I would be okay 60 words over?

THANKS

See U at UHCO soon TNN :D good luck with app's~

I also agree to cut it down. Generally short and to the point is much better than long and drawn out, even if you do have a lot to talk about.