UHCO waitlist

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

irlo1999

Reaction score
So I just had an interview with UHCO and they put me on their alternative list :(. I thought it was strange as I had a decent GPA/OAT score but does anyone know if they generally pull from the alternative student list often?

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
What were your extracurriculars? How did u do on the interview?
I'm a POPS officer, and overall been in POPS for awhile now! I also became a Prevent Blindness Intern and I've worked as an optometrist assistant for around one and a half years. My interview went well, they didn't really ask me many questions but I thought I did fine!

Hello! I was reading over this post and it's making me a little nervous for my interview with UHCO. Do you think there's anything you could have done better?

When is your interview? I think I could've improved my interview but that's about it!

It's gonna be the first week of November. Were there any questions that threw you for a loop? Or do you think your overall presentation of yourself could have been more engaging?

It's gonna be the first week of November. Were there any questions that threw you for a loop? Or do you think your overall presentation of yourself could have been more engaging?

I interviewed 10/14/2020 and it was very relaxing. They asked very standard questions. (Tell me about yourself, how did COVID affect you, tell us a time you showed X quality, teach me how to do something in 5 mins or less, why UHCO/optometry, qualities of a good optometrist). For me, they mostly asked questions branching off of things you say so be prepared. Also, I had a closed file interview so that threw me off-guard too.

Good luck!!!

I interviewed 10/14/2020 and it was very relaxing. They asked very standard questions. (Tell me about yourself, how did COVID affect you, tell us a time you showed X quality, teach me how to do something in 5 mins or less, why UHCO/optometry, qualities of a good optometrist). For me, they mostly asked questions branching off of things you say so be prepared. Also, I had a closed file interview so that threw me off-guard too.

Good luck!!!
Did you hear back from them yet??

I didn't get any hard questions tbh but I did get a question about how COVID affected my journey to getting into optometry. Whatever you say will most likely dictate what they ask you next though because it is a closed file interview. It's really relaxing I wouldn't stress. I'm just worried because i got waitlisted >_<

Reactions: 1 user
So I just had an interview with UHCO and they put me on their alternative list :(. I thought it was strange as I had a decent GPA/OAT score but does anyone know if they generally pull from the alternative student list often?
Hi,
I have a good GPA and a decent OAT score and I am involved in lot of extracurricular activities too. I didn’t have any complicated questions during interview but they put me on waitlist. I felt really disappointed. Do you know what went wrong?

Hi,
I have a good GPA and a decent OAT score and I am involved in lot of extracurricular activities too. I didn’t have any complicated questions during interview but they put me on waitlist. I felt really disappointed. Do you know what went wrong?
I think my interview wasn't the best but that's it! I think they are just slowly filling the spots up but no clue tbh.

I think my interview wasn't the best but that's it! I think they are just slowly filling the spots up but no clue tbh.
Do you think they will put you on a waiting list, just based on our interview performance even if we have good stats? It is normal to be nervous right?

Yea it's normal to be nervous for sure! I think there are tons of factors on why people are being put on the waiting list. I'm sure there are TONS of applicants so they gotta go through every one of course. Stay strong though you got this!

Reactions: 1 user
Yea it's normal to be nervous for sure! I think there are tons of factors on why people are being put on the waiting list. I'm sure there are TONS of applicants so they gotta go through every one of course. Stay strong though you got this!
I came across someone else post who got a 3.6 GPA and 280 TS, 310 AA with less optometric experience who got admission at UH. What’s the deciding factor for UH admission?

Good luck!!!
What can X be? lol . Could you tell me more.