Uhco

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

bgrant

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
For those of you who were accepted to UHCO, how long did you wait after the interview? How were you notified? My interview was early in January and I am still awaiting a response. Is this normal or should I be a little concerned with this? Any info would be great. Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

I would call them or email dr. shulman, my interview was in early jan and they responded to me in 2 weeks.

bgrant said:
For those of you who were accepted to UHCO, how long did you wait after the interview? How were you notified? My interview was early in January and I am still awaiting a response. Is this normal or should I be a little concerned with this? Any info would be great. Thanks!

I heard that iwas accepted with a week...I also headr that someone this year was accpeted over phone with no interview...so i think that you might be in the maybe pile~~ good luck :)

Members don't see this ad :)
odstudent said:
I heard that iwas accepted with a week...I also headr that someone this year was accpeted over phone with no interview...so i think that you might be in the maybe pile~~ good luck :)

They offered me an acceptance seat right after my interview. Took me by suprised. I thought he was going to talk to me about housing or something.....good luck! From what I have heard. UH was currently at about 30% capacity when I interviewed so they should have plenty of spots left. Roughly 2 weeks ago.

I don't like UHCO.....

ODhopeful said:
I don't like UHCO.....

Is there a lack of applicants to UHCO? I know they extended their application deadline.

3eb4me said:
Is there a lack of applicants to UHCO? I know they extended their application deadline.

UHCO is losing everyone's applications bc thier having problems in the addmissions office. I think that's why they extended the deadline.

ptran504 said:
What did UHCO do to rub you the wrong way?

You'll find out........

It took less then 2 weeks for them to let me know I was in. I had my interview durring the fall semester week of finals and then when I got back from after christmas I had a letter waiting for me.

i recently went to a convention in AUSTIN and Dr. Shulman told me their were so many complications with the online application so that is why the extended the application deadline. Also they are very behind in the acceptance of students and interviews so it may take a while for them to actually send you a congrats letter! they still aren't done with interviews as of right now. Good luck!

i received my acceptance letter the day of my interview, sucha surprise. :D it's my first choice, so it was definitely the best feeling in the world. i think they said it may take up to four weeks. i would call them and check on the status.

humperdoodle said:
i received my acceptance letter the day of my interview, sucha surprise. :D it's my first choice, so it was definitely the best feeling in the world. i think they said it may take up to four weeks. i would call them and check on the status.

I'm just curious, but where are you from?

Hi. I received my acceptance letter the day of interview also. That was strange. I have a question for you all. which school is better UHCO or PCO?

Amy19 said:
Hi. I received my acceptance letter the day of interview also. That was strange. I have a question for you all. which school is better UHCO or PCO?

I'm more bias towards UHCO, since I'm from Texas ;)

It's hard to tell what is "better" since each school has something different to offer. I found this article that is pretty interesting, A Curriculum Comparison of U.S. Optometry Schools: Looking Back Over the Decade

It's a lot of data, and and I might not be helping you with your question at all, but it's still something to look at.

Amy

anguyen531 said:
i recently went to a convention in AUSTIN and Dr. Shulman told me their were so many complications with the online application so that is why the extended the application deadline. Also they are very behind in the acceptance of students and interviews so it may take a while for them to actually send you a congrats letter! they still aren't done with interviews as of right now. Good luck!

Are you talking about the TOA convention in Austin?

yes the TOA convention in Austin, were you there?

No.

How was it? Was it worth going?

yes it was actually really fun! I was president of the POPS group at my school so I met with other POPS groups and they had a lot of free stuff and heard a lot of presentations