UHS 9/27

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

IDAHO

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Miglo or SD,
When we interviewed at UHS on the 27th did they say we would receive a response on 10/8 or did they say they would send them out on 10/8? I've been doing well until today. I got nervous when I opened the front door of my apartment today thinking, "maybe", just maybe it will be today as I envisioned my wife telling me congratulations and giving me a kiss, but NOTHING. I know it will come soon enough, but the days are dragging. Maybe you can ease my suffering.

------------------
RYAN

Members don't see this ad.

I interviewed on 9/29 and received my acceptance letter to UHS today (10/07). It should be there soon!

Bri1856 REALLY!? My interviewers told me they will mail it out 10/15! They said I could call them 10/15 to find out the results. I'm actually HOPING that it would come the 15th so that I have more time to decide whether to go to UHS or WUCOMP. ACk!!

------------------
Ryan
Western U/COMP Class of 2004
thedigitaldoctor.com

Members don't see this ad :)
IDAHO: Sorry buddy I can't remember you! What did you look like (don't say "I was in a suit")? What did we talk about?

------------------
Ryan
thedigitaldoctor.com

bri - Congrats!! I opened my mailbox and received nothing...
frown.gif

Sara

I am glad to see that you all have reveived interviews! I have one at UHS on the 18th of October. What did you think of the school and the area. I am married, so I am looking for an area that would be good for my spouse as well.

Thanks for your input.

TX

Hey Texas,

I am originally from Kansas, but have been living in Texas the last few years. I, too, am married and concerned about employment and other issues regarding my spouse. But, KC is a big enough city that there shouldn't be any problem. I spoke to a married tour guide (Benji, I think) and he said his wife had no problem finding a good paying job.

bri1856, your situation sounds exactly like mine. I am also from kansas, and living in Tx right now with my new wife. Would like to hear where you are from where you are livign now and what you plan to do. I dont want to waste anyone's space by saying more here, but email me. I am interested in hearing about your situation. It might give me some insight into mine.

I opened my mailbox today and saw an awfully thin, uncertified letter from UHS. I thought that it was a reject.
frown.gif
Anyways, I WAS ACCEPTED!! YEAH!!!
smile.gif

------------------
Sara
Class of 2004 at XXXXX

I received my acceptance letter from UHS today. Congradulations to those already accepted and good luck to those interviewing. Thanks for the responses to my question.

Hey Idaho - I don't know if I'm having a major mental block or what... can you tell me who you are?? Thanks!

------------------
Sara
Class of 2004 at XXXXX

Sara and Ryan,
I really don't know who you are, other than the fact that I noticed you interviewed at UHS on the 27th. I stayed at the Holiday Inn Express, introduced myself as Ryan originating from the state of Idaho and now attending school in Houston, Texas.

------------------
RYAN
UHS 2004

I got a nice FAT envelope today too. Woohoo! Now comes the tough part, UHS or WUCOMP?

------------------
Ryan
thedigitaldoctor.com

Members don't see this ad :)
Mig - UHS!!! That was easy.
smile.gif

------------------
Sara
Class of 2004 at XXXXX

Congratulations guys!!! I was accepted to UHS also. I'm trying to decide between UHS and NOVA. But, I was really impressed with the UHS/COM's facilities, the students and the professors.

I personally really like the their rotations (especially MI ones)

------------------
Ryan
thedigitaldoctor.com

How was the interview? Did you get to see a lot of the school and facilities. How were the interviewers? UHS seems like a nice school so far. I just reserved my flight, so I guess I will find out soon enough. Again, it is great to hear about acceptances. Maybe we will be classmates next year!

Later,

Congrats to all who got accepted at UHS for the class of 2004. I am a MS2 at UHS so if you have any questions about the school, leave your e-mail address and I will be happy to contact you off forum and try to answer your questions as best as I can.

congrats to all. good luck.

young guy np

Texas,
Hey, good luck with your interview. I was extremely impressed with UHS. I think that one factor that makes them stand above the rest (in my eyes) is their faculty. I was interviewed by one science professor and a physician from Kansas City. They were awesome! They aswered all of my questions, and seemed to be very genuine and sincere. Talk to UHS2002 or ask your student tour guide on your interview day for more information on the faculty. I was impressed. They will be a very important key to your competence as a future physician.
Another thing I am very impressed with is that every person I have talked to, whether they were accepted or not, has been very positive about the school. I think that it says a lot when students that were not accepted agree that it is an excellent school.
The facilities were great. You will be able to see most of the labs, classrooms, library, computer labs, etc. etc. when you tour the campus.
After doing a lot of personal research into UHS and other DO schools I have decided to cancel all of my other interviews in favor of attending UHS. Great School!
If you have any question at all, feel free to e-mail me. You can get my e-mail address on the icon above this message.

GOOD LUCK!!!!!!

------------------
RYAN
UHS 2004

It was the interview at UHS that has convinced me to cancel all my other interviews. (6 of them) The students, facilities and faculty are great! The town is kinda hoky (compared to California) but its nice. I'm going to do more research on the school before I send in my deposit, but all signs point to UHS so far.

------------------
Ryan
thedigitaldoctor.com

Watch it Miglo, that "hokiness" [sp?] as you call it is what we midwesterners refer to as wholesome living. Don't be ragging on the heartland.

DocGibby

Hey DocGibby, didn't mean to offend ya! I meant that in a good way. Its probably a whole lot better than the "a don't give a rats-ass about anything" attitude we have here in good old Califa.

------------------
Ryan
thedigitaldoctor.com

congratulations to all of you who were accepted to UHS. I am interviewing there on Monday October 18 and would appreciate any words of advise any of you have. How were the interviews? Was it an enjoyable day? I have heard nothing but great reviews of this school, I can't wait to see it.

[This message has been edited by A-MAC (edited October 12, 1999).]

The faculty at UHS is probably the NICEST group of people I've met bar-none. From what I've heard, all the DO schools are terrific though. Just relax and be yourself.

------------------
Ryan
thedigitaldoctor.com

It was a very easy going interview. I would have to say it was more like having a conversation with a friend than an interview. I was very pleased.

DocGibby

The interviewers and students are very easy to talk to and also very nice. During my interview it seemed like they had a list of questions they had to ask and they were all in interviewfeedback.com. The rest of the interview was just a conversation about yourself like strength's and weaknesses.

------------------
Tejash
UHS/COM Class of 2004

HeLLO Fellow UHS Class 2004!!!!!
We thought we would reply and keep this string of posts alive! We are a husband and wife team who got an acceptance to UHS early March. I can feel the excitement off this post and wanted the early acceptees to relive the feeling.
biggrin.gif
Have any of you researched the areas you'd like to live?? What have you done since your acceptance other than explode with excitement every now and then?? We have submitted our deposit and are awaiting financial aid info. Other than that, we look forward to meeting all of you in August.

------------------
dreamTeam
UHS04

I just wanted to move this up to the top with the other two UHS post
smile.gif

------------------
UHS Class of 2004