UHS/KCUMB students

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

RBorhani

Emergency Physician
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello,
How do you guys like the new school and the new name?
I graduated from UHS in 2000 and now work in Calif. If you guys need any help with residency questions/etc feel free to email me or contact me via my web page.
Good luck,
R Borhani

Members don't see this ad.

RBorhani said:
Hello,
I graduated from UHS in 2000 and now work in Calif. If you guys need any help with residency questions/etc feel free to email me or contact me via my web page.
Good luck,
R Borhani

I think the name change is great. Now people will start recognizing our school more. Most current students seem to like the name change, since now it doesn't seem like we're attending a generic school. When folks used to ask me where I went to school I felt like saying "The University of Medical School" ; now I can say Kansas City University (don't like KCUMB abbreviation) and at least people know it's located in KC, even though they still think it's KU.

RBorhani said:
Hello,
Good luck,
R Borhani

hey i see you went into emergency medicine, have any tips for an aspiring em doc??? thanks!

Members don't see this ad :)
EM from what I am hearing is remaining to be a competitive specialty to get into. Make sure you do your research and absolutely want to do EM. It is not an easy job. Have to be able to work nights/weekends/and Holidays. But the money is great and you do get fair number of days off to spend with your friends and family.
There is no magic formula for any specialty, just study hard!... and remain focused on your goals... Also get involved. The EM programs tend to like students who are involved in the EM club etc.. I was the president of AMSA while at UHS/KUMB..... Not sure if that helped any but I was asked about it in pretty much every interview I went to..

RBorhani said:
Hello,
Good luck,
R Borhani

Hey Doc,
Nice of you to reach out. Are you FROM Cali orginally...? Did that influence your decision or ability to practice there? Just curious about whether or not the California issue is still an issue for DO's.

I refer to my school as "Kansas City". Usually all that needs to be said.

Thanks--
M.

I really like the school and have had a great experience. It is impressive that we have another building to be built. I truely feel that the university is always looking to be at the top and moving to be a better school. Sure we have our downfalls just like anywhere else but the school is great.

Are you glad to be out of the midwest?

RBorhani said:
Hello,
Good luck,
R Borhani