UHS vs. NYCOM

Started by hamilton
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

hamilton

Junior Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I was recently accepted at both UHS and NYCOM. I'm having a very hard time deciding between the two schools. Right now I'm leaning towards NYCOM because I'm from the east coast and because if I went to UHS I would have to take a biochemistry class this summer. If anyone has any advice on this dilemna I would greatly appreciate it. Thanks!
 
is biochem a new requirement? I didn't need it to get in and I am in my second year
 
Yes Biochem is a new requirement. Im not sure when they started that but Im starting this fall and It is a prerequ. Luckilly, I have already had it. As far as comparing the two schools, I dont know anything about NYCOM so I wouldnt be of much help.
 
Biochemistry is a new requirement for the entering class of 2004. The current first year class didn't need it (but I wish I had took it!)