UIC Acceptance

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

freshbeatschris

New Phuture
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I just found out via email that I have been accepted to UIC. I applied to two schools and got accepted to both. Looks like all the hard work is paying off. Who would've thunk it?

Congrats and good luck to all of you future UIC'ers.

Chris

Members don't see this ad.

Awesome Chris! Congrats :) Have you decided which one you'll choose?

freshbeatschris said:
I just found out via email that I have been accepted to UIC. I applied to two schools and got accepted to both. Looks like all the hard work is paying off. Who would've thunk it?

Chris

That's great! decisions, decisions.....;)

Members don't see this ad :)
congrats! i just found out i was placed on the alternate list for MWU CCP today :( ...but was accepted at UIC.... :) definitely, a very tumultuous 1 hour emotional swing for me. I still wanna wait on MWU cause i really liked the program but at least ill have an option if it doesn't work. hope to see you all sometime in the future...

when did you guys interview? I haven't heard anything from them yet... :(

sna said:
when did you guys interview? I haven't heard anything from them yet... :(

interview: monday morning first group, 3/20
found out today via acceptance email.

hope this helps...good luck, im sure it will work out for you!

Congratulations and Good luck!
I recommend you practice your "good mornings" for the first semester. :)
Don't worry first year is not that bad.

UIC was my first choice! YAY :D

sos7 said:
interview: monday morning first group, 3/20
found out today via acceptance email.

hope this helps...good luck, im sure it will work out for you!

Thanks! I interviewed on Fri, the last day. Hopefully, that just means I'll be getting my letter "slightly" later. They wait so long to send me an interview invitation. I don't think I want to wait any longer...haha.. :laugh:

sna said:
Thanks! I interviewed on Fri, the last day. Hopefully, that just means I'll be getting my letter "slightly" later. They wait so long to send me an interview invitation. I don't think I want to wait any longer...haha.. :laugh:

I interviewed Wednesday morning - smack in the middle of the week of interviews. I am utterly shocked to hear a decision already, as they told us they would have it done by the 15th of April.

Chris

freshbeatschris said:
I interviewed Wednesday morning - smack in the middle of the week of interviews. I am utterly shocked to hear a decision already, as they told us they would have it done by the 15th of April.

Chris

You must have made a very good impression ;)

Congratulations.

genesis09 said:
Congratulations and Good luck!
I recommend you practice your "good mornings" for the first semester. :)
Don't worry first year is not that bad.

"Good mornings??":confused:

calrx said:

Maybe he means since you won't be able to sleep until 11 every day like undergrad. Or am I the only one guilty of that? :sleep:

Members don't see this ad :)
calrx said:
Yes, "good mornings," one of the first semester professors make you say good morning to her. If she doesn't like it, she will make you say it again and again. It becomes kind of a joke.
On Monday through Thursdays, P1s in fall start at 8:30am. On Fridays, depending on the group, either 8:30am or 11:30am and you will end on Fridays at 12:20pm.

Congratulations!!!! :D Hey, maybe UIC is on top of things after all. ;) Good luck to everyone who is still waiting to hear back.

insipid1979 said:
You must have made a very good impression ;)

Congratulations.

Thanks. I have a lot to thinking to do right now about where I want to spend the next four years of my life. I am thinking it is about 80/20 in favor of Midwestern as of this moment.

Chris

Hey Im just curious what kind of PCAT score and GPA does it take to get into UIC?

sASU said:
Hey Im just curious what kind of PCAT score and GPA does it take to get into UIC?

80th percentile on the PCAT
4.0 gpa with pre-pharm classes
3.93 gpa with everything else (I have a B.A. degree in photography)
I also am a certified pharmacy technician (but am not working in a pharmacy currently)

Chris

freshbeatschris said:
80th percentile on the PCAT
4.0 gpa with pre-pharm classes
3.93 gpa with everything else (I have a B.A. degree in photography)
I also am a certified pharmacy technician (but am not working in a pharmacy currently)

Chris

Wow thats a crazy GPA, the PCAT is doable, but that GPA is a killer haha. Congrats.

sASU said:

PCAT 99th percentile
Pre-Pharm GPA 3.73
Overall GPA 3.49 I blame that on P-chem :mad:
B.S. Biochemistry UIUC May 2005

I'm also a certified tech currently working at Walgreen's

Jennay41 said:
PCAT 99th percentile
Pre-Pharm GPA 3.73
Overall GPA 3.49 I blame that on P-chem :mad:
B.S. Biochemistry UIUC May 2005

I'm also a certified tech currently working at Walgreen's

Haha with that PCAT im sure you could get into any school. I was wondering more of like the borderline students who got in, like the 3.4 gpa's and 84-86 PCAT range because it seems like some of you are genius's. :thumbup:

sASU said:
Wow thats a crazy GPA, the PCAT is doable, but that GPA is a killer haha. Congrats.

A fellow classmate of mine was also accepted and she has a 50 something PCAT and all A's and B's on her GPA. The B's were for the harder courses, though, and the A's for the easier ones.

I'm just a very motivated person trying to learn from her past.

Chris

sASU said:
Haha with that PCAT im sure you could get into any school. I was wondering more of like the borderline students who got in, like the 3.4 gpa's and 84-86 PCAT range because it seems like some of you are genius's. :thumbup:

If I didn't do that well on the pcat I doubt I'd have gotten in. I had 3 C's (not in pre-pharm classes though) on my transcript so I was really really worried about my grades. Luckily UIC seems to look at pre-pharm coursework and pcat scores more than overall gpa.

so has everyone that interviewed heard back already? Because I have been checking my email since this weekend and still no word.. Should I call them or should I wait for their official April 15th reply date?

freshbeatschris said:
A fellow classmate of mine was also accepted and she has a 50 something PCAT and all A's and B's on her GPA. The B's were for the harder courses, though, and the A's for the easier ones.

I'm just a very motivated person trying to learn from her past.

Chris

She was accepted to UIC? Or a different school?

Did everyone hear back from UIC? I still haven't heard anything :(

Jennay41 said:
If I didn't do that well on the pcat I doubt I'd have gotten in. I had 3 C's (not in pre-pharm classes though) on my transcript so I was really really worried about my grades. Luckily UIC seems to look at pre-pharm coursework and pcat scores more than overall gpa.

I would have to agree with that. I got into UIC last week and my overall grades were just OK (3.2) However, I had some D's which I had to retake and about 3 repeats which killed my PharmCas GPA.

I think reading these post made me conclude that Pre-Pharm GPA (3.8) and experence (school and work) is the most important for UIC. So learn from me, overall GPA shouldn't let you down.

CONGRATS TO EVERYONE TO CLASS OF 2010

UIC is so mean.
I called them today and said that I haven't heard back from them yet
and they were like "NO we sent out emails to everyone already"
and I'm like I wouldn't be calling if I received it.
grr...
i told her I emailed them and everything, but never got a reply
and she was like "no i didn't see your email" I'm like yes...i did send one..
Her: well I didn't see it
Me: so...do i have to send the email again in order to get a reply
Her: Yes

so i emailed her and called her back

Me: did you get the email this time?
Me: so are you going to "resend" my status email?
Her: NO! It has to go through the Committee
Me: oh..so do you have an estimated time
Her: Not going to be before Monday!
Me: Oh...thanks...

What committee???
it takes a committee to resend an email???
i don't get it.
if the adcoms have already decided who gets in and who doesn't,
then why the heck do I have to go thru the committee again just so I can get the email regarding my application status???
argh!!!

sna said:
UIC is so mean.
grr...

What committee???
i don't get it.
then why the heck do I have to go thru the committee again just so I can get the email regarding my application status???
argh!!!

that's awfully rude on UIC's part, but im not surprised...iv been treated the same way before

sna said:
UIC is so mean.
grr...

What committee???
i don't get it.
argh!!!

You are just reinforcing my decision to go to Midwestern. I had a very similiar experience earlier with trying to get some information out of the folks at UIC. They couldn't tell me if they had received my application until AFTER it was due. Now, what help would that be to me?

I'm sorry you are getting the runaround.

Chris

freshbeatschris said:

Chris

CONGRATS!!! Good luck!!!!!! :thumbup:

Just want to wish those that have been accepted a hearty congratuations.

I may even end up as one of your peer advisors. And if that's the case, I apologize in advance... :smuggrin: