UIC application 2013

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

nbpoise

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi

I am planning to apply for the UIC IDP program for the year 2013.
I am having difficulty in filling the online application form - when u get to the section - program type what do u select - professional domestic/international?

in both options the drop down menu doesn't have the IDP program listed :(

anybody who applied last year or is applying this year will know this-
pls help
thanks

Members don't see this ad.

as far as i remember from last yr the online supplemental application will not be available till april 14th... so u would have to wait for that.....

i guess its lil early at this time...the online application usually appears after CAAPID cycle begins...

Members don't see this ad :)
hi guys, anybody applying to UIC for the 2013 cycle, lets all get together and help each other
the cycle has started.

the online application for UIC still has the same problem, as mentioned earlier.
anybody tried filling the online application, pls help me out.
any hints from the previous year applications are also most welcome
thanks.

hi guys, anybody applying to UIC for the 2013 cycle, lets all get together and help each other
the cycle has started.

the online application for UIC still has the same problem, as mentioned earlier.
thanks.

Hi,
count me in, i'm lil confused that my toefl scores are 81(IBT) and i have my toefl exam(repeat) in next 15 days.....can anybody plz tell me that i shuld wait for new scores or apply with my current score which is only 8:(:confused:

Last edited:
Hi,
count me in, i'm lil confused that my toefl scores are 81(IBT) and i have my toefl exam(repeat) in next 15 days.....can anybody plz tell me that i shuld wait for new scores or apply with my current score which is only 8:(:confused:

The students accepted last cycle had an average of 101 on TOEFL... They give preference to early applicants so send your application right away and update your score as soon as you get it back.

I am having problems as well can't find the right program.
Have you sent the toefl score? how did you do to order a eletronically score to the uic?

I couldn't find the school code either.... Send an email to Braulia asking about it, I'll be with her tomorrow so I can also ask in person.

"TOEFL Scores: Evidence of English competency - Official scores from the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL). A minimum score of 80 (internet-based: IBT) with subsection minimum requirements of: writing 21, speaking 20, listening 17, reading 19 or 550 (paper-based) or 213 (computer-based). Please note that TOEFL scores over two years old are invalid. TOEFL scores must be reported directly to UIC by ETS, please request ETS to send the score electronically."

the cycle has started.

thanks.

I also tried to fill out supplimental application....couldnt find the right program

please help

hope 4 - thanks for your replies...i have read your posts in the last cycle ..congrats for getting into UIC..has school started?
i did email her yesterday but i haven't got any reply...i even called the office and left a VM.
what should we do now? by the replies it seems all are having a problem ...
also UIC doesnt mention any requirement for LOE - so does that mean we cant send any extra LOE directly to the program other than CAAPID?

your help will be greatly appreciated to us who are applying for the first time ..thanks a ton.

Hi,

i am not sure, but as hope 4 said ..can u update your score after submitting CAAPID?

what option should we select?

professional international/domestic?

Members don't see this ad :)
what option should we select?

professional international/domestic?

what option we shud select for supplimental application of UIC....is that domestic or international plz help

I'm waiting for my additional nbde score report which takes upto 2 weeks to come.....can i submit my supplimental application now and then after 2 weeks post the supplimental application packet.....OR i should wait for 2 weeks for my nbde score report...

please help coz uic consider early applicants:confused:

i have one copy of my ECE report (its opened) , can i submit that to CAAPID or i shuld order additional copy and then send that unopened envelop to CAAPID......OR send directly from ECE to CAAPID:confused:

is baccaulaureate degree same as a bachelors degree?

hey canine2012, pls help me with these things-

--i have to take toefl soon but it takes 2 weeks for its result, can i order additionalnbde score reports now until then to save time of 2 weeks
--whether i have to order addi nbde reports by mentioning name for which dental school or i can order them as a total 5 addit reports send to me and i can use for any dental school
--what about caapid it wants nbde report send to it directly or i can send it in sealed envelope with other documents.
Thanks a lot.

--i have to take toefl soon but it takes 2 weeks for its result, can i order additionalnbde score reports now until then to save time of 2 weeks
--whether i have to order addi nbde reports by mentioning name for which dental school or i can order them as a total 5 addit reports send to me and i can use for any dental school
--what about caapid it wants nbde report send to it directly or i can send it in sealed envelope with other documents.
Thanks a lot.

i'm also a first time applicant.....i have the same confusions
plz any senior can help or any body who already applied

i have one copy of my ECE report (its opened) , can i submit that to CAAPID or i shuld order additional copy and then send that unopened envelop to CAAPID......OR send directly from ECE to CAAPID:confused:

you should either tell ece to send it directly or have an unopened report sent to you and then u send it to caapid

i dont know abt nbde...even i have the same doubt ,,,
can any senior help?

you should either tell ece to send it directly or have an unopened report sent to you and then u send it to caapid

i dont know abt nbde...even i have the same doubt ,,,
can any senior help?
For CAAPID you need to send only 3 Letters of Evaluation and ECE report. They accept notarized if you don't have originals.
Transcript,degree certi. etc. you have to submit to the school and not to the CAAPID.

Last edited:
I'm waiting for my additional nbde score report which takes upto 2 weeks to come.....can i submit my supplimental application now and then after 2 weeks post the supplimental application packet.....OR i should wait for 2 weeks for my nbde score report...

please help coz uic consider early applicants:confused:

They ask you to submit everything in a single package....

Thanks a lot.

--I don't think you can pre-order additional scores without having the score for the exam first...
--You can order NBDEs reports send direct to you (keep the envelopes sealed though!)
--I'm not sure about CAAPID this year, but last year they didn't require NBDE (neither TOEFL) scores to be send to them, only ECE and LOR's.

--I don't think you can pre-order additional scores without having the score for the exam first...
--You can order NBDEs reports send direct to you (keep the envelopes sealed though!)
--I'm not sure about CAAPID this year, but last year they didn't require NBDE (neither TOEFL) scores to be send to them, only ECE and LOR's.

They do not receive TOEFL or NBDE score reports
http://www.adea.org/dental_education_pathways/CAAPID/Pages/RequiredOptionalPaperDocuments.aspx
This includes the documents that the will not accept

They do not receive TOEFL or NBDE score reports
http://www.adea.org/dental_education_pathways/CAAPID/Pages/RequiredOptionalPaperDocuments.aspx
This includes the documents that the will not accept

PLEASE DO NOT INCLUDE MULTIPLE DOCUMENTS IN ONE ENVELOPE. EACH DOCUMENT SHOULD BE SENT IN A SEPARATE ENVELOPE. ALL THE INDIIDUAL ENVELOPES CAN BE SENT TO OUR OFFICE TOGETHER IN ONE LARGE ENVELOPE.

so, i have my original ECE report with me but its not in any envelop....can i put it in any plain envelop and send to cappid with my 3 LORs......or i shud order new copy from ECE

plz help its taking too much time

Hey,
I have same problem, I have my ECE original opened report with me can i send that to CAAPID? I am lil confused where i can find transcript matching form if i send the report that i have? or do i have to asked ECE to send me another report?
Please guide me...I appreciate it very much

Thanks Hope4 , i got the results of nbde1 but i dont have the toefl result yet, so thats my question.can i apply to caapid without toefl result?
Next, do i just need 3lors and ece report for caapid?
Can i send my wes report also or not to caapid coz some schools acceppt wes also?
Thanks

For CAAPID you need to send only 3 Letters of Evaluation and ECE report. They accept photocopies too.

Transcript,degree certi. etc. you have to submit to the school and not to the CAAPID.

Hey Harry

Do you mean we can send photocopies of ECE report to CAAPID ?

Hey Harry

Do you mean we can send photocopies of ECE report to CAAPID ?

That would be new for me... Unless they have changed something they require sealed envelope from ECE.

Reactions: 1 user
Thanks Hope4 , i got the results of nbde1 but i dont have the toefl result yet, so thats my question.can i apply to caapid without toefl result?
Next, do i just need 3lors and ece report for caapid?
Can i send my wes report also or not to caapid coz some schools acceppt wes also?
Thanks

You can start your CAAPID application without your TOEFL score but you'll only be able to submit as a final application after you get your results. There are a lot of things to fill out on that application, so you should start working on the other requirements, and when you have your TOEFL just add and submit it.

CAAPID accept 'up to' 3 LORs, with you have all of them doesn't hurt submitting them all. Some schools have specific requirements, most of them as one of those to be from the Dean from your dental school, and other from Faculty. For UIC it is very important to have one from a dentist in the US (let say someone that you worked as a dental assistant for example).

About the WES report I really don't know how it would work... I don't know if you'd be able to have both evaluations on your CAAPID application, best thing here would be calling and asking them directly.

Good luck.

I was partially wrong! I checked CAAPID website and they have stated that you can either send original ECE report and if you don't have it you can send a notarized one. You can check the below link to find what all is needed for CAAPID application. CAAPID application seems complicated at first but if you go through all guidelines then it's very easy and convenient. All the best.

yes, CAAPID accept photocopies but they have to be notorised . last year i did the same and they accepted ( copies were notorised in united states)

is anyone having a problem saving the SOP on CAAPID?
im trying to save it and there is a error everytime..
pls help ..

You can start your CAAPID application without your TOEFL score but you'll only be able to submit as a final application after you get your results. There are a lot of things to fill out on that application, so you should start working on the other requirements, and when you have your TOEFL just add and submit it.

CAAPID accept 'up to' 3 LORs, with you have all of them doesn't hurt submitting them all. Some schools have specific requirements, most of them as one of those to be from the Dean from your dental school, and other from Faculty. For UIC it is very important to have one from a dentist in the US (let say someone that you worked as a dental assistant for example).

About the WES report I really don't know how it would work... I don't know if you'd be able to have both evaluations on your CAAPID application, best thing here would be calling and asking them directly.

Good luck.

hope4 - As u mentioned, UIC gives importance to US dentist LOR- can u please tell me if its ok to have an undated one? i mean there is no date on the letter that the dentist has given me. Or should i go back and ask her to date it? do schools have a problem with this?
thanks.

I had submitted a LOR that didnt have date.but that LOR was from my country..US dental professionals usually put dates on LOR..& in case if you dont have date,dont worry..So far I havnt faced any problem.

I had submitted a LOR that didnt have date.but that LOR was from my country..US dental professionals usually put dates on LOR..& in case if you dont have date,dont worry..So far I havnt faced any problem.

thankyou drFlap :)

Thanks Hope4 a lot for ur reply.
I am shadowing a dentist and assisting voluntarily and i have some known dentist faculty asst prof in dental school, she knows me personally......now can u plz guide me that in these 2 from whom i shud get the lor as which will be more impressive.......somebody told me from the asst prof is better as she is in dental school but i have not worked with her professionally so what she will write about me....pls help

secondly shud i order additional part1 score reports and ece report ahead of time to save time when i have to send to different schools as i heard it takes 2 weeks or shud i wait and then they can directly send to different schools electronically and if latter, then how much time it takes?
Kindly suggest me. Thanks

Hey Guys! I submitted the UIC supplemental app last night.. though I did not get an email confirmation... It is starting! I am excited and nervous at the same time! I am still waiting to submit CAAPID.. all my records still have to get to them plus writing SOP. I wish VCU app did not have such an early deadline! I won't be able to write Part 2 in time =(.

Hi guys I have 2 questions
1-Can we fill out chicago online application form before submitting CAAPID
2-I saw on their website that we had to ask ETS to send our toefl score electronically. So how can we do that?

Hi everyone
i contacted Ms Braulia ,she said to choose professional domestic and i couldn't choose the program the IDDP didn't appear in the choices ( she said that the office is working to fix it) did any one face this issue also?

Hi guys I have 2 questions
1-Can we fill out chicago online application form before submitting CAAPID
2-I saw on their website that we had to ask ETS to send our toefl score electronically. So how can we do that?

Log in to your ETS TOEFL account, click on (register for a test / order score report)
click on TOEFL services, choose( send additional score reports to institutions), select the test date, enter institution code which is (The University of Illinois at Chicago institution code with ETS is 001851).this is from UIC site .(when i entered it it only took 4 numbers 1815) select grduate uic then for the department i chose biological sciences , then department dentistry then pay for it ((this is what i did any thing different just correct me)

Log in to your ETS TOEFL account, click on (register for a test / order score report)
click on TOEFL services, choose( send additional score reports to institutions), select the test date, enter institution code which is (The University of Illinois at Chicago institution code with ETS is 001851).this is from UIC site .(when i entered it it only took 4 numbers 1815) select grduate uic then for the department i chose biological sciences , then department dentistry then pay for it ((this is what i did any thing different just correct me)

Thanx,I knew this process however I called ETS and asked them regarding this issue.They told me that UIC must first send them an email and then ETS will contact us for payment and other part of this process.I think this process must be easier than what I heard from ETS. I'm so confused.

Hi everyone
i contacted Ms Braulia ,she said to choose professional domestic and i couldn't choose the program the IDDP didn't appear in the choices ( she said that the office is working to fix it) did any one face this issue also?

Hi happy, i chose IDDP but the term is summer 2013? is that correct? plz verify? i dont see professional doemstic? :( where is that?

Hi happy, i chose IDDP but the term is summer 2013? is that correct? plz verify? i dont see professional doemstic? :( where is that?

That's correct, the term is Summer 2013.