UIC campus waitlist

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

bastense

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
On the additional info application, I chose the Rockford campus as my preference as I'll be OOS, and the Rockford campus gives in-state tuition to out of state students (Chicago campus doesn't do this). I haven't heard back yet, but I was wondering, am I still being considered for both Chicago and Rockford or just Rockford at this point? Obviously, Chicago is going to be the more competitive campus to get in to, so this might be a dumb question, but the Rockford option's been around for 6 years now so I'm sure more and more people are choosing it as their first preference as it's becoming well-known (also other OOS'ers like me who want to have the lowest amount of loans as possible).

From what I've been reading, a lot of people chose Chicago, but if they didn't get in, they got waitlisted to both Chicago AND Rockford. Does it work the other way too? I guess my concern is that I should've just chosen Chicago, as even if I didn't get in I would've had a chance to end up at Rockford anyway?

Thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
On the additional info application, I chose the Rockford campus as my preference as I'll be OOS, and the Rockford campus gives in-state tuition to out of state students (Chicago campus doesn't do this). I haven't heard back yet, but I was wondering, am I still being considered for both Chicago and Rockford or just Rockford at this point? Obviously, Chicago is going to be the more competitive campus to get in to, so this might be a dumb question, but the Rockford option's been around for 6 years now so I'm sure more and more people are choosing it as their first preference as it's becoming well-known (also other OOS'ers like me who want to have the lowest amount of loans as possible).

From what I've been reading, a lot of people chose Chicago, but if they didn't get in, they got waitlisted to both Chicago AND Rockford. Does it work the other way too? I guess my concern is that I should've just chosen Chicago, as even if I didn't get in I would've had a chance to end up at Rockford anyway?

Thanks.
I chosed Chicago but I would be willing to go to Rockford also. I would think that you would be waitlisted to Chicago also but likely to get into Rockford since Chicago is the more preferred school. Did you send in your supplemental before or after getting an interview invite? I thought I read somewhere that youre supposed to submit it after your get invited which is different from other schools. Also would you mind sharing your stats?

I chosed Chicago but I would be willing to go to Rockford also. I would think that you would be waitlisted to Chicago also but likely to get into Rockford since Chicago is the more preferred school. Did you send in your supplemental before or after getting an interview invite? I thought I read somewhere that youre supposed to submit it after your get invited which is different from other schools. Also would you mind sharing your stats?
i submitted my supplemental and got invited to interview a couple days after that, so you don't need to send it in after