Jul 2, 2015
Status
Pre-Pharmacy
Is anyone applying to the university of illinois at chicago's early decision? Is there a better chance of getting in?

mayyyygz7

2+ Year Member
May 8, 2015
Status
Pre-Pharmacy
i am. haven't submitted yet though. honestly don't know if the chances are better or not. Would also like to know this. I assume so but if anyone knows for sure let us know!

May 26, 2015
Status
Pre-Pharmacy
I got a random email from UIC asking me to apply early even though I had no intention of doing so. I guess they send mass emails to everyone on pharmcas.

But at least according to the email, they indicated you have a better chance of getting in through early decisions. Didn't specify if it is significantly better or slightly better tho.

Sep 12, 2015
Status
Pre-Pharmacy
Does anyone know when they will get back to us about filling out a supplemental application? (for early decision applicants)

alexyoonable

Fist bump!
Jul 1, 2015
Status
Pharmacy Student
Does anyone know when they will get back to us about filling out a supplemental application? (for early decision applicants)
I hope it will be as soon as our GPA is verified. Has your GPA been verified yet?

Some info i got from the UIC emails

"What You Need to Do

In addition to completing the PharmCAS application, you must arrange for PharmCAS to receive all of your official transcripts and fee by the September deadline. If your application, transcripts, or fee arrive after the deadline, PharmCAS will automatically change your file from early decision status to regular status. To complete the early decision application process for UIC, you will also need to complete the PCAT & UIC Supplemental Form by the end of September. By early October, you will receive notification if you are invited on campus to interview."

"
  • Supplemental Application Invitation: Students who are verified through PharmCAS and are qualified will receive an email to participate. Most likely students will notreceive the invitation until after Sept. 8."

Last edited:

mayyyygz7

2+ Year Member
May 8, 2015
Status
Pre-Pharmacy
I haven't gotten my GPA verified or my supplemental yet either. I wouldn't worry too much, I think we need to wait until we get out GPAs verified. but i'm not sure how long that will take....ugh.

alexyoonable

Fist bump!
Jul 1, 2015
Status
Pharmacy Student
I submitted mine on 09/01. I know they will eventually get to us but the wait is killing me when I keep seeing ppl getting accepted already to other schools urghhh

Sep 12, 2015
Status
Pre-Pharmacy
I submitted on the 9/07 so I'll probably wait longer, but under the PharmCAS tab for GPA calculations it says it could take up to 5 weeks but from what I understand early decision typically has your supplemental being done by the end of September if interviews are to be in October...

Aug 21, 2015
I don't know if this information is helpful or still true now, but when I met with Ms. Paula Fleming last year, she told me that if you get an invitation to fill out the supplemental application, then that means you get an interview. And if you don't, then that means no interview invitation.

Sep 13, 2015
I don't know if this information is helpful or still true now, but when I met with Ms. Paula Fleming last year, she told me that if you get an invitation to fill out the supplemental application, then that means you get an interview. And if you don't, then that means no interview invitation.
Makes sense. On their admissions site, they mentioned that one gets an supplemental app invite after they deem your GPA satisfactory and that your PharmCAS app is completed and that other factors would come into play during and after the interview process.

May 23, 2015
Status
Pre-Pharmacy
I submitted on 09/07 still waiting for GPA verification but I have some friends who already have supplemental invites.

Is anyone planning to apply to Rockford? If you apply to both campuses they automatically send you to Rockford.

Sep 13, 2015
Is anyone planning to apply to Rockford? If you apply to both campuses they automatically send you to Rockford.
Do you know of any pros/cons with both campuses? I just got my supp app invite and one of the forms do ask your preference in campuses and I've never been to either.

May 23, 2015
Status
Pre-Pharmacy
Do you know of any pros/cons with both campuses? I just got my supp app invite and one of the forms do ask your preference in campuses and I've never been to either.
Well, Chicago is Chicago. Rockford is very isolated and there's not much out there. As for the school, Rockford classes are taught by professors in Chicago who lecture live so you don't have the professor there, it's through a webcam. The Chicago campus also has all the UIC resources like the gym.

Reactions: donnyrocks
May 26, 2015
Status
Pre-Pharmacy
Im curious, is there any advantage by going to Rockford? I am guessing smaller class size but how does that matter if the professors aren't even there?

Sep 13, 2015
Im curious, is there any advantage by going to Rockford? I am guessing smaller class size but how does that matter if the professors aren't even there?
Core classes are the only classes taught via long distance learning. Labs and recitations are taught by local faculty.

alexyoonable

Fist bump!
Jul 1, 2015
Status
Pharmacy Student
some ppl i know got accepted to Midwestern in Glendale, AZ T.T

Sep 10, 2015
some ppl i know got accepted to Midwestern in Glendale, AZ T.T
Not applying there, but wow! And they already interviewed there? Or they weren't interviewed at all?

Also, for Pharmcas in the honors section did you write the earliest day (month/year) you received an honor (e.g. honor list) or the latest day you received it? Thanks!

Sep 12, 2015
Status
Pre-Pharmacy
For some of them, like my merit-based scholarships & dean's list, I've been receiving since freshman year so I just added them without dates.

alexyoonable

Fist bump!
Jul 1, 2015
Status
Pharmacy Student
Not applying there, but wow! And they already interviewed there? Or they weren't interviewed at all?

Also, for Pharmcas in the honors section did you write the earliest day (month/year) you received an honor (e.g. honor list) or the latest day you received it? Thanks!
There's been multiple interviews already since early Sept and the school accepts you within a day or so.
For you question, I just put the latest day I received it.

Aug 21, 2015
i didnt apply to the early decision but i know ppls with interviews on 10-1 and 10-12

Last edited:
Sep 9, 2015
Status
Pre-Pharmacy
What's the significance of the 23rd? Getting antsy, haven't gotten my GPA calculated yet.
I also applied early decision, transcripts went through on 9/02, but my GPA still hasn't been calculated... :/
Not so sure if early decision was the right idea, but I really want to go to UIC

Sep 13, 2015
I also applied early decision, transcripts went through on 9/02, but my GPA still hasn't been calculated... :/
Not so sure if early decision was the right idea, but I really want to go to UIC
Early decision is rarely the wrong decision. If you're worried about your GPA verification status, give PharmCAS a call and ask.

mayyyygz7

2+ Year Member
May 8, 2015
Status
Pre-Pharmacy
Okay so they approved of my coursework this morning. anyone know what happens next? They haven't calculated GPA yet. Anyone know how long that will take?

Sep 9, 2015
Status
Pre-Pharmacy
My GPA was finally calculated and my app was just verified today!!!
Has anyone at this point received the supplemental app invite? If so how long did it take to receive it after being verified?

Sep 12, 2015
Status
Pre-Pharmacy
My GPA was finally calculated and my app was just verified today!!!
Has anyone at this point received the supplemental app invite? If so how long did it take to receive it after being verified?
My GPA was calculated on Friday and I got an email within an hour to fill out the supplemental application.

Sep 12, 2015
Status
Pre-Pharmacy
What are everyone's thoughts on preparing for the MMI format? I've started looking online for different prompts as well as general interview prep.

Reactions: pu20161210
Sep 13, 2015
What are everyone's thoughts on preparing for the MMI format? I've started looking online for different prompts as well as general interview prep.
I've heard that it's 5-6 stations: ethics, teamwork, professionalism, problem solving, and time management. Each station being around 5-7 minutes in length, so I'd probably look into forming what a brief but succinct response for those topics.

Reactions: hawkeye28

mayyyygz7

2+ Year Member
May 8, 2015
Status
Pre-Pharmacy
Did you guys get interview invites already? I just submitted the supplemental yesterday morning =/ How long after submitting supplementals did you get interview invitations?

Sep 12, 2015
Status
Pre-Pharmacy
Did you guys get interview invites already? I just submitted the supplemental yesterday morning =/ How long after submitting supplementals did you get interview invitations?
I submitted my supplemental last Tuesday and received an invitation yesterday. So about a week.

mayyyygz7

2+ Year Member
May 8, 2015
Status
Pre-Pharmacy
Heading for the interview today (10/12). Good luck to everyone!

Last edited:

mayyyygz7

2+ Year Member
May 8, 2015
Status
Pre-Pharmacy
So are we supposed to find out by this Saturday then? I know the sheet they gave us said 3-4 weeks though so I wasn't sure.

Sep 12, 2015
Status
Pre-Pharmacy
So are we supposed to find out by this Saturday then? I know the sheet they gave us said 3-4 weeks though so I wasn't sure.
By the 23rd they should give us an absolute yes or no, if not then we can be put into the normal applicant pool which could be ~2 months.