UIC IDDP 2015 applications

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

cibel

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi everybody,

I want to start a new thread for 2015 applicants. I am taking my NBDE 2 in January 2014, and will be applying UIC for 2015 . Lets start to share our experience for application process and exams
I passed NBDE 1 this summer, and took my TOEFL in August. Hoping to pass NBDE2 in 3 months. Good luck to everybody!

Members don't see this ad.

hey cibel,
r u done with the part 2..............even m lookin to apply for UIC but i dont have part 2.......will i be able to apply if i give part 2 within june

Hey, good luck with application. I just got an email confirming that mine was complete this week

Members don't see this ad :)
hey cibel,
r u done with the part 2..............even m lookin to apply for UIC but i dont have part 2.......will i be able to apply if i give part 2 within june
Give a shot...you never know if you are lucky enough
Hey, good luck with application. I just got an email confirming that mine was complete this week
When did you send the all documents and how long did they take once they receive TOEFL report and all ...Plz reply that will be gr8 help!!

Give a shot...you never know if you are lucky enough

When did you send the all documents and how long did they take once they receive TOEFL report and all ...Plz reply that will be gr8 help!!

Took about 5 buzines days..

Give your part 2 and then apply, or apply with part 1 and then update with part 2 if you know youll be late in giving part 2 but submit part2 before the deadline.

can anybody plz tell me how to send Toefl report to UIC. whats the Department and sub department, its not mentioned in the application.

For UIC it is better to have NBDE2, last year it was 100% NBDE2 pass.
I am working on my recommendation letters, and others right now. Need to apply soon. It is a little bit confusing. I couldn't decide how many schools I should apply. UIC is my first choice but I don't want to wait one more year.

can anybody plz tell me how to send Toefl report to UIC. whats the Department and sub department, its not mentioned in the application.

Code 1851 , you will see 2 options, one says undergraduate, choose the other one. When you click on it you will see other options. Choose Biological since, and after dental 38

Good luck! How long it takes to get completed email after you posted everything? I am starting to process right know. I don't know how to start:( I should submit CAAPID first, after TOEFL AND NBDE reports etc... Is there anything you suggest?

Good luck! How long it takes to get completed email after you posted everything? I am starting to process right know. I don't know how to start:( I should submit CAAPID first, after TOEFL AND NBDE reports etc... Is there anything you suggest?

Go ahead and submit CAAPID. Takes about 5 to 7 days to get info back. Then you have additional information to fill. You can send your toeft then. After the additional you will get another supplemental material to upload. To me took between 5 to 7 days each process

Anyone invited for interview may 20th??

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey dentbr, Congrats so much for the invite!!
Prepare well for the interview! I believe there will be two- one with the admissions team (know stuff about school etc.) and the second with the academic ppl.. not super sure.. but that's what someone told me at the open house..
Good luck!

Hey dentbr, Congrats so much for the invite!!
Prepare well for the interview! I believe there will be two- one with the admissions team (know stuff about school etc.) and the second with the academic ppl.. not super sure.. but that's what someone told me at the open house..
Good luck!
Thank you!!!

Good luck for the interview

Hey Dentbr,
Congratulations on the IV... When did you submit the application? Are you the only one to get an iv for May 20th till now? Please share your stats??

Reactions: 1 user
Hi there.... Can you please share your stats? Congratulations to you...:)

Hey Dentbr,

Even mine was submitted 3 weeks back. However, I have not got a completion email yet. What's happening? Is this happening to others too?

T
Hey Dentbr,

Even mine was submitted 3 weeks back. However, I have not got a completion email yet. What's happening? Is this happening to others too?
you gotta make sure you submitted all the extra things. Dds defree, transcript, translation of both, etc... After that takes about a week for me..

UIC jus finished with orientation of the new students class last week.i thought they busy into that coz ..,normally they start sending may end or early june.no one else got iv???

Also i submitted about 3 weeks ago and didn't get completion email

My timeline:
Submitted to caapid march 27
Email that uic received April 7
Email from uic asking for extra things April 11
Supplemental data submitted and receid by uic from 11 to 16 (including toefl and other things that take a little while)
Email saying that app was complete April 21 and 23(I got two emails)

Need Help:( I forgot to add matching forms in evaluation letters for CAAPID. What should I do. should I post them or wait for new letter. Will take a lot of time:(

Need Help:( I forgot to add matching forms in evaluation letters for CAAPID. What should I do. should I post them or wait for new letter. Will take a lot of time:(
Cibel, Call the ADEA CAAPID ASAP and let them know now! They will tell you what you can do. If they ask you to mail it separately, do it asap.
Here's the number- 617-612-2035
They are super responsive and helpful :)
Don't worry :) Allt he best!! :)

HELPPP pleaseee :( .
1. Do i send TOFEL scores to UIC like any other school…don't they say electronic???!!
2. They require a notarized copy of the NBDE score to be uploaded! can I get it notarized outside the United States????

HELPPP pleaseee :( .
1. Do i send TOFEL scores to UIC like any other school…don't they say electronic???!!
2. They require a notarized copy of the NBDE score to be uploaded! can I get it notarized outside the United States????

Hi Bahader,
UIC needs all documents electronically (as far as I know). Im not sure if NBDE score report in the supplemental application needs to be electronically submitted or taken with you at the interview? I haven't reached that stage yet, but just so you know - if any document is to be submitted electronically, we need to scan the original and upload it. if it has to be mailed, then we can get the copies notarized at Bank of America for free. They usually would prefer it notarized here. If you cant get it done here, please call them or email to the email notification they have sent you. UIC, ETS, and ADEA CAAPID are very very helpful, they can help solve any problem and speed up your process. Hope it helps. :)
Others, pls correct me if im wrong.

Hi Bahader,
UIC needs all documents electronically (as far as I know). Im not sure if NBDE score report in the supplemental application needs to be electronically submitted or taken with you at the interview? I haven't reached that stage yet, but just so you know - if any document is to be submitted electronically, we need to scan the original and upload it. if it has to be mailed, then we can get the copies notarized at Bank of America for free. They usually would prefer it notarized here. If you cant get it done here, please call them or email to the email notification they have sent you. UIC, ETS, and ADEA CAAPID are very very helpful, they can help solve any problem and speed up your process. Hope it helps. :)
Others, pls correct me if im wrong.
Thank you for your help!!:)

My timeline:
Submitted to caapid march 27
Email that uic received April 7
Email from uic asking for extra things April 11
Supplemental data submitted and receid by uic from 11 to 16 (including toefl and other things that take a little while)
Email saying that app was complete April 21 and 23(I got two emails)
Congrats for the invite. Please share your stats.

I uploaded all the documents they asked for on 5/7 but still haven't received a completion email from them. Do they usually take this long or would it be best to call?

Thanks dentbr. I'll keep waiting then. Good luck on your interview next week.

Hi everybody I solve the problem, thanks chicagolove . Just waiting the CAAPID to be processed now. Bahader89 I believe all copies needs to be notarized.

I'm guessing UIC is only for citizens or PRs?

I uploaded all the documents they asked for on 5/7 but still haven't received a completion email from them. Do they usually take this long or would it be best to call?
hi Mostro , did you receive the application complete email from UIC?

anyone else has got interview so far??

hi Mostro , did you receive the application complete email from UIC?

Not yet. I did however receive another request for more documents which I promptly uploaded. It's just kind of frustrating because each time they request more, it takes 5 to 7 business days before they look at it.

Not yet. I did however receive another request for more documents which I promptly uploaded. It's just kind of frustrating because each time they request more, it takes 5 to 7 business days before they look at it.
Yup, Looks like Im not the only one then. Has anyone else received an 'application complete' email?
Also, I went to look at the website and read somewhere that i.v.s are sent starting from June. *confused*