Quantcast

UIC interview?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

doc2006

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Reaction score

Members don't see this ad.
hi godbless

looks like u have been to the interview to uic. could plz share ur experience at the interview as i have the same questions as anjolie , doc2006 and egyptianeyes77. hope at least u would help us.

thanks for ur time

hi gdbless,
desidoctor is right...we just put questions...and no one giving ans...pls guys...anyone who has been through interview share their experience...thanks

born_80

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Reaction score
well i too have applied for uic can ne 1 tell r they still interviewing or is it done n how many students r they selecting

desidoctor

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Reaction score
hi
i dont know about the no of students they accept, but i do know that they r still conducting interviews as they review applications till oct and i think they conduct interviews till sept.

flavors

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
This is my first post here... came to know from a friend....Anybody have UIC interview on September 20th?

drabc

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
[who knows a good and not expensive hotel in Chicago ,not far from University?

drabc

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
This is my first post here... came to know from a friend....Anybody have UIC interview on September 20th?

Hi ,what time is your interview scheduled?
Good luck and see there

finish line

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi my friend has an interview oct 30. Just for all of u to know

whole

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
hi
godbless pls can you tell me the type of questions you were asked at the interview
I have my interview coming up on oct 31
thanx a lot

doc2006

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Reaction score
hey all,
can any one tell me..uic still sends interview calls?? anyone got call recently??
thanks

born_80

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Reaction score
well i jst called uic yesterday n they told u can knw the status of ur application thg access website can ne 1 tell me wats that asap:(

godbless

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Reaction score
well i jst called uic yesterday n they told u can knw the status of ur application thg access website can ne 1 tell me wats that asap:(

hi,
there is no way to access the status of your application online on their website, i just checked, i dunt know what you mean, please tell what were you told exactly???waiting for a reply.

ambitious

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Have UIC bench exam or is it only interview ? I didn`t find anything about a bench exam . I am a little confused . Did they start the interview already?

Yes.They have started interviewing from september 01 and they will continue until end of october,and at the end of November they will post the acceptance.There is no bench exam but you will be asked a series of dental related questions.I had my interview on 20th of this month.Good luck.

ambitious

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi,how was your interview?I think by this time you have given your interview?

Members don't see this ad :)

drchai

Membership Revoked
Removed
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi Ambitious,

All the best for the results.
Cud u post ur scores please.....

vita-dent

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi,
I just finished my interview and got home. I am kind of sad, did pretty bad.....many many thoughts....I promissed myself I will write something here and then move on, forget about it and concentrate on the other things I can change from now on...
anyway, good luck to you'all, I have met some really remarkable people there!! and....Chicago is really beautiful in Octomber.

cementum79

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
hi vita-dent, sorry to hear about your interview. but you never know as this is not only the criterion to get select. if you dont mind can you please tell me your stats.
thanks

godbless

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Reaction score
hey all those people being interviewed now at uic,hav you guys any idea when the results r gonna be out for the batches interviewed in aug n sept????any reply wud be appreciated, thanks

drchai

Membership Revoked
Removed
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi,
They told me that the results will be announced mid november as interview process will go on till 1st week of nov, but they r having a meeting in another few days and maybe decide on the sure candidates....but i think there is no choice but to wait patiently.....
All the best guys.

perav

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
hi just wanted to know anybody who interviewed , took the college tour . is it compulsory or "as you wish" .

thanks

finish line

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Reaction score
hi friends,
i am trying to get some info on UIC interview to help a friend....but no one seems to be sharing their experience on this thread:confused:

drchai

Membership Revoked
Removed
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
hi just wanted to know anybody who interviewed , took the college tour . is it compulsory or "as you wish" .

thanks

Hi the college tour is not compulsory, u can take it if u r interested.

dentistjas

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I totally agree with u finish line.....I dont think anyone is interested in sharing their experience. I wonder why:rolleyes:

Members don't see this ad :)

g3k

SDN Donor
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Reaction score
I totally agree with u finish line.....I dont think anyone is interested in sharing their experience. I wonder why:rolleyes:

I think that's because there is something called interview feedback site and I am sure you will find a ton more information there.

dentistjas

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am aware of that. Thanks for the polite reminder though.

caries

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Congratulations to all the ones who have already been accepted to UIC!!!! :clap: Does anybody know if they are still calling for interviews or should I just loose any hope?:(

vita-dent

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Do not loose" any hope" in general, but as far as I know they started evaluating the people they interviewed already, so most chances are they stoped calling for interviews. Good luck.
vita-dent

shlo

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Reaction score
hey ...there is one more week of interviews in october...so dont lose hope.....they are selecting only few people now (those interviewed in aug).....so till they fill the 24 seats, u can still hear from them.....so people who havent got interview calls yet, just wait and hope for the best...

cementum79

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
did any one hear from uic these days?
i talked to jill and she told me that there is one more round of interview.
will they call more students for interview or not?

perav

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
hi , i have a interview in uic for the 31 of oct . i wanted to postpone to a later date say 1 or the 2 of november ,

wanted to know if anybody would like to switch with me

godbless

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Reaction score
hey everyone,
thanks guys for your best wishes, i received many pms congratulating me, thanks a lot to my sdn friends!!sorry i couldnt reply back earlier as i was in india for a vacation..............i received a lot of pms asking me abt the low gpa problem and abt my interview at UIC,since it is not possible to reply to all the individual mesgs, i am posting here, i hope i answer all the questions, but still if you hav any more qs, pls post it on any UIC thread and i shal answer it. so here it is for those having interviews soon, the interview at UIC is very kool, you just need to show then how honest, confident and eager to learn you are. the interview pattern is a lil diff than other schools, first they ask you to read out a paragraph out loud from strutvent and then give a synopsis of it in your own words, i guess they wanna see your english pronunciation and your understanding in general of what you read. then they show you some instruments and ask you to arrange it in an order, believe me you dunt need to know anything to crack it,they show some xrays accompanied by a case history and ask you to give a treatment plan for it, you cant prepare for it in advance ,you have to use what you learned in last few years in dental school.they show you some models of teeth with class 2 cavity preps and crowns and ask you to identify it and point out the mistakes in it and how to rectify it,you can just go through these topics in a text book then it is no rocket science.then there is a general interview where they ask you things abt yourself, your career goals, and dental experience.
i didnt do very good at the interview though, made some stupid mistakes which i knew i cud avoid, but i was honest with them n tried to come up to thier expectations, it is not abt the score or the perosnal statement or experience here in this school,coz all the applicants who were interviewed in aug at UIC had a better score than me and most had more years of experence or some additional traning or a masters, so just pray to god, he knows what is right for you, and giv it your best and dunt stop trying until you make it.
as for the gpa, guys you need to read the application requirements very carefully for every school and see what every individual school wants, all schools are different and hav diff requirements, you hav to do the spadew work as i did myself, but schools accpet diff evaluations, so try getting evaluations from as many evaluators as possible and apply wisely.PEOPLE WITH LOW GPAS, A WORD FOR YOU,IF YOUR GPA IS LOWER THAN 2.5, IT IS BAD, BUT THERE ARE SOME WINDOWS, YOU HAV TO LOOK OUT CAREFULLY.i wunt be very specific with names of schools which take people with low gpa or with other evaluators who giv better gpas, coz mentioning it here wud only harm you guys, but spend some time reading related posts, search on this form, it has been posted here.
the process of gettin in a advanced standing program in the US was a very frustating and difficult experience for me, it taught me a lot of things abt life and lessons i wud never forget. i hope others hav a better journey though........all the best guys.

cementum79

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
hi , i have a interview in uic for the 31 of oct . i wanted to postpone to a later date say 1 or the 2 of november ,

wanted to know if anybody would like to switch with me

when did you get your interview call?

desidoctor

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Reaction score
hi godbless

thanks a lot for ur response.

cementum79

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
i got it in sept some time ? actually i was called in sept , but i switched it to oct

thanks for your reply, do you know how many students they have already called for interview in october?
thanks