UIC January 14th

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

dentalguy2007

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Has anyone heard from UIC anything about January 15th? I was interviewed @ UIC late November, and was told that the committee will meet December 2nd to let us know by Jan 15th our statuses. It's getting closed. How many seats do you think they still have now?

Members don't see this ad.

i've heard that they are meeting on Jan 28th. have you heard from them, because I havent yet.

I would imagine they sill have between 25-30 seats open.... I'm not sure if they have let more people know since Nov. 30th. Ann said they expected about 30-35 to accept. Do you know if anyone has heard anything since Nov. 30th?

Members don't see this ad :)
Nope... still haven't heard anything yet... :mad:

They only have 35 seats?
On predents.com there's 64.

Am I missing something?

The class is a total of 65 I think. At my interview (Nov. 30th) Ann said she expected to fill about 30-35 of those 65 thus leaving 30-35 maybe. Predents may not be updated. I dunno.... I just would like to hear.

Did any of you apply to or interview at SIU, too?

I went back to UIC last week to check out the facility & the classes again, but the students were no where to be found.... I was hoping to talk to some D1 students. I've been talking to some predent member here, and he's been very helpful, so I decided to check it out. A little disappointed!!!

I remember at the interview Nov 28, Ann said the committee would meet on Dec 3rd, the following Monday, and decide who's in, & we would know by Jan 15th. I am surprised they still don't have a decision yet.

are you all waiting for uic or did anyone already get in somewhere else?

haha! how were you guys notified of your interview?

i was bored and checked AADSAS for the first time in a while, and it says that i'm invited.. wow, this is great.

I'm pretty sure this coming monday (28th) is the day when Ann notifies everybody. nervous...

Where did this date come from? And do you think that if they meet tomorrow she will make phone calls the same day? Nervous as well...

Ann told us at our interview (January 16th) that we would be notified of our decision on January 28th through the AADSAS website and letters would also be sent out that day.

Thanks for that info. Good luck to all!!

Members don't see this ad :)
I wrote before that i called them last week and they have told me that they will meet on january 25th ot 28th, so I think we should find out today, or tommorow.

is UIC everyones top choice? how long do you have to send in a deposit

i just got an invite but there's only one day left.. at the end of feb

did anyone hear from uic today? I did not :(

everyone check your AADSAS. There are some movement there! :D

wait list for me :(

maja, sorry to hear that. at least you weren't rejected. how did your interview go?

yeah, sorry to hear that, too, Maja84. I hope there will be some movement on the waitlist so you can get in.

My interview went great ( I thought) but there was apparently something they did not like. So I guess there is no hope for me.

I'm thinking about LONDON. Does anybody know anything about studing abroad?

sweet! hello uic :)

My interview went great ( I thought) but there was apparently something they did not like. So I guess there is no hope for me.

I'm thinking about LONDON. Does anybody know anything about studing abroad?

Do you mind sharing your stats maja? and sorry about dat

do you mind sharing your stats? thanks
Cum GPA: 3.3
Sci GPA: 3.2
Degree: Biochemistry
DAT AA/TS/PA: 22/20/21

In-state resident.

I thought the interview went rather well. oh welllll......

yea i got waitlisted too, a real bummer

I am waitlisted also.
I see alreay 4 people are waitlisted. does uic waitlist move well?
Do you think I better call Ann? or just wait?

did you guys get in any where else or have any other interviews?

also got waitlisted, and i dont think it moves real well considering most people accept the offers but i got in out of state go figure

While it is true the waitlist has historically had little movement here, that was when OOS seats were near zero.

UIC has upped the amount of non-resident seats in an attempt to get paid a TON of money in tuition. Now many of these OOS students are holding out for cheaper options and I would wager there will be far more movement on the waitlist than in previous years.

Not to be doling out false hope, but it seems like a fair estimate. The only consideration is that they will simply offer those spots to other non-residents, however if the waitlist is ranked as a total pool (and I really have no idea), then it would make no difference.

Good luck all.

While it is true the waitlist has historically had little movement here, that was when OOS seats were near zero.

UIC has upped the amount of non-resident seats in an attempt to get paid a TON of money in tuition. Now many of these OOS students are holding out for cheaper options and I would wager there will be far more movement on the waitlist than in previous years.

Not to be doling out false hope, but it seems like a fair estimate. The only consideration is that they will simply offer those spots to other non-residents, however if the waitlist is ranked as a total pool (and I really have no idea), then it would make no difference.

Good luck all.

I was told that the wait list was separate for in state/out of state and to expect alot of movement on the out of state list. Not surprising considering the cost.