UIC + MWU-CCP (again)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

RPhToBe

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
So I just got off the phone with the folks at UIC, and for those of you who have applied and are anxiously waiting, the gentleman (who was much nicer than the last time I called) said that interview notices have yet to be sent...even though interviews will be taking place during the week of March 22 - 26.

Midwestern, in Downers Grove, has accepted nearly 85 students, which means in theory there are 115 spots left.

good luck!

Members don't see this ad.

yes both schools are definetly draggin....i think they prob waitin for jan pcat results as well...let me know if u get anything from both of them..thanks

I called today and they said invitations for interviews are being sent out today, and they are sent my mail and email..let me know if anyone recieves em..thanks

Members don't see this ad :)
midwestern or UIC? if it's uic, then shouldn't we get them by email by tonight? I remeber the inital email being sent at 12 AM!

Ok im rambling....keep those fingers crossed!

This is for uic...i hope i get an interview there...its my top priority school..well let me know if u recieve anything from both schools..

I am glad that I am not the only one sweating bullets over UIC and Midwestern!

What on earth is taking them so long!!!!!!!! I am getting frustrated +pissed+

Yea im still waiting to hear from CCP......im scUrred!:(

I finally received an invitation to interview at UIC!!!!! :clap: :clap: :clap:

I got it today through e-mail. They said that they have been having a lot of probelms b/c of PharmCAS and thats why it took so long. One down, one more to go!

I finally got my invite today. It will be my sixth and final interview. I think I am ready for them! However, the front staff at UIC sure seems rude and uninviting. It has been a real turnoff dealing with them.

i go to uic currently..and i have a 4.0gpa/4.0..work at the hosp there..volunteered at the cop..and got a 69 on my pcat..and got rejected for an interview at uic..im so disappointed...if you dont mind..would you please let me know how u guys did on pcat and gpa wise..i would really appeciate it...and would hopefully let me know that you guys are much more competitve with me..please be honest..thank you and good luck..

Originally posted by chitown23
i go to uic currently..and i have a 4.0gpa/4.0..work at the hosp there..volunteered at the cop..and got a 69 on my pcat..and got rejected for an interview at uic..im so disappointed...if you dont mind..would you please let me know how u guys did on pcat and gpa wise..i would really appeciate it...and would hopefully let me know that you guys are much more competitve with me..please be honest..thank you and good luck..

Chitown, sorry you didn't get an iv at your home/choice school. It doesn't seem right that you bust your arse to pull a 4.0 in their undergrad program and they won't even grant you an iv. Forget them like an ex. Don't even think about who they're going to admit. Another school of pharmacy will be lucky to have you.

Originally posted by chitown23

Sorry to hear that, Chitown23 :( . I think the PCAT might be the thing that messed you up. I looked on University of Illinois @ Chicago website and it said "Take PCAT (Pharmacy College Admissions Test). Request scores be submitted to PharmCAS (Code 104) no later than February of the admissions year." Maybe UIC didn't even consider your January PCAT scores because of that?

I got rejected too, and it's like 4.30 in the morning and I can't sleep. My head hurts and I feel sick. I have a 3.9 and an 84 on my PCATs ... with above a 90 in all bio, chem and math. I volunteer at a hospital pharmacy. My recommendations I know were great and so was my personal statement. I really don't know how to deal with this. Never anticipated a rejection from them ... And like chitown, that was my top priority school. It bites! ... Does anyone know if they would reconsider my application?? ...

what's ironic enough is that an aquiantance got called for the interview, when she has a 71 on her pcats and around the same GPA as mine.

im losing hope..

wow u did well on ur pcat...my bro graduated from pharmacy school at uic just last year..and he has been tellin me how uic has been trying to get tough and act like a stronger school...he told me i would be better off probably leaving uic..since the campus is falling apart...as undergraduates can see...but i think if we got rejected we should just take it as a sign..we wernt ment to be there...we will still be pharmacist no matter what a damn commitee says....atleast i know i will...i hope to get into midwestern AZ or chicago this year..or even NVCP..or university of minnesota...the sad fact is..university of minnesota is a top 5 school in the nation...i got my interview there...but not at uic which is a 12th ranked school or so......well good luck to all of you that did get an interview

Your brother went to UIC Pharm school? Can you tell me what their interview was like? I agree that the front people there are really rude. I hear they're only nice to you once you get in. I'm an undergrad here too and my experience has been pretty crappy so I wanted to go to Midwestern. However, one of my friends says UIC is ranked better than Midwestern so I'm reconsidering.

yea...UIC SUCKS!!!!!

Chitown23,

You volunteered there.....you work there....your father works at uic....your brother is a UIC pharm graduate ...you have a 4.0 gpa.....geez...what more can UIC ask for? I'm telling you....the reason why UIC sucks so bad is their damn administration....there are some lazy f*cks working there...