UIC or Ohio State

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

shivakmr

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I cant decide between Ohio State and UIC. I was accepted into both and now dont know what to do. With UIC I have the advantage of being in Chicago but at OSU i just really liked the atmosphere. I go to University of Illinois- Champaign right now and thats another reason i like UIC bc I will know people in the city and everything. Im originally from IL but my parents moved to Cleveland 2 years ago so i really dont know anyone at all in OH. What factors do you guys look at when trying to decide on a school? And which do you think is better in your mind? Also where do most dental students live in the Ohio State area? Thanks so much! :confused:

Members don't see this ad.

shivakmr said:
I cant decide between Ohio State and UIC. I was accepted into both and now dont know what to do. With UIC I have the advantage of being in Chicago but at OSU i just really liked the atmosphere. I go to University of Illinois- Champaign right now and thats another reason i like UIC bc I will know people in the city and everything. Im originally from IL but my parents moved to Cleveland 2 years ago so i really dont know anyone at all in OH. What factors do you guys look at when trying to decide on a school? And which do you think is better in your mind? Also where do most dental students live in the Ohio State area? Thanks so much! :confused:
Dont let the fact that you now people or dont know people in a certain area dictate where u will go to school. You will meet new people, and will not have a great deal of time to socialize while in dental school. Pick whichever school made you feel more comfortable and which environment you would like to spend the next 4 years, and perhaps even open a practice later. good luck

Go to UIC, thats one more place on the OSU alternate list for me to move up :D

Members don't see this ad :)
HangOnSloopy said:
Go to UIC, thats one more place on the OSU alternate list for me to move up :D
What's your position on the alternate list?

pretty far down, i was half teasing :) its a longshot for me no matter what.

In all seriousness to the original poster, follow your heart, they are both good schools, be thankful that you have the choice.

HangOnSloopy said:
pretty far down, i was half teasing :) its a longshot for me no matter what.

In all seriousness to the original poster, follow your heart, they are both good schools, be thankful that you have the choice.

are you kidding, go to UIC then I can move up to... :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

good luck with the choice

Which school would be cheaper?

Zurik5 said:
Which school would be cheaper?

Exactly...go to the less expensive school. You will thank yourself in 4 years.