UIC or Rosalind Franklin

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

uhaque

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I have been accepted to both UIC and Rosalind Franklin, and I am not sure what school to attend. I personally love the interprofessional program at Rosalind Franklin, but in comparison to UIC, Rosalind Franklin hasn't really made much of a name for itself that everyone will recognize. The only reason I bring this up is because I want to be able to get the job I want after I graduate from pharmacy school 4 years from now, and I feel like the school you attend can play a difference. What should I do? Also, what are some pros and cons of both UIC and Rosalind Franklin that can help me with my decision. Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

UIC has been around since 1859. Rosalind Franklin hasn't been around for 5 years. In the saturated Chicago market, going to an established school is beneficial. Also, if you are an Illinois resident, UIC is much cheaper.

Reactions: 1 user
How is this even a question? UIC is cheaper and a waaaaaay better program. I have not been impressed with the Rosalind Franklin students I've met. They are very unprofessional. The people in charge of the Rosalind Franklin program are extremely unorganized with regards to rtoations and have been awful to work with.

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
If you have to ask this question then Rosalind franklin....let someone that is actually smart and has common sense take your spot at uic...

Reactions: 2 users
I have been accepted to both UIC and Rosalind Franklin, and I am not sure what school to attend. I personally love the interprofessional program at Rosalind Franklin, but in comparison to UIC, Rosalind Franklin hasn't really made much of a name for itself that everyone will recognize. The only reason I bring this up is because I want to be able to get the job I want after I graduate from pharmacy school 4 years from now, and I feel like the school you attend can play a difference. What should I do? Also, what are some pros and cons of both UIC and Rosalind Franklin that can help me with my decision. Thanks!

Hi, I'm in a similar situation and I was just wondering which school you decided on. I'm having a hard time choosing between midwestern and RFUMS. I also loved RFUMS inter professional program and I felt like they had a lot to offer, but I also really liked midwestern. Where did you end up? Thank you!!!

yea definitely this...

a nobrainer = OP, who got accepted to UIC. That tells me how much the admission standards have been going down..... sad....

Reactions: 1 user
The only possible reason why anyone would chose RF over UIC is that their parent is a professor at RF and they get to go there at a greatly discounted rate. Even in that situation......I would still at least consider UIC.