-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
UIC Pharm School?
Started by sashagrl259
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I wanna go there too!
That's so obvious, I don't know why I didn't figure that out earlier.
That's so obvious, I don't know why I didn't figure that out earlier.

One concern I remember about UIC was that there wasn't much of a sense of community at the pharmacy school as most students were commuters. Granted, I never got to that point because I wasn't invited for an interview 🙂 But that's what I heard.
1
161927
has anyone else not submitted the supplemental yet? LOL It's due the 15th 

has anyone else not submitted the supplemental yet? LOL It's due the 15th![]()
I'm still working on mine.
Last edited:
UIC is my number one choice by far as well. I am in state of course. I sent my supplemental in last week - yippee!
Has anyone heard anything from UIC?
UIC won't offer interviews until at least mid-February.
UIC won't offer interviews until at least mid-February.
I'll be taking the PCAT this June and will probably apply there for Fall '10, just in case USN throws me out of their window.
I'm wondering what your PCAT scores are/were, that made you guys bold enough to apply. Because the last time I heard, the average PCAT composite score of their accepted applicants is usually 85 and above.
i applied to UIC as well and luckily I'm in-state as well. i hope i get an interview!
I'll be taking the PCAT this June and will probably apply there for Fall '10, just in case USN throws me out of their window.
I'm wondering what your PCAT scores are/were, that made you guys bold enough to apply. Because the last time I heard, the average PCAT composite score of their accepted applicants is usually 85 and above.
PCAT scores arent everything and personally i've only gotten a 73 percentile on my PCAT's and ive gotten a few interviews. Hopefully they keep coming in. I think if you're a well rounded individual you'll have a good shot anywhere.
btw... i heard it's damn hard to get into USN. Everyone i hear who's applying there have top notch pcat scores and amazing GPA. Best of luck to you
I'll be taking the PCAT this June and will probably apply there for Fall '10, just in case USN throws me out of their window.
I'm wondering what your PCAT scores are/were, that made you guys bold enough to apply. Because the last time I heard, the average PCAT composite score of their accepted applicants is usually 85 and above.
Also, UIC only looks at PCAT subscores, so the composite is essentially meaningless. I've talked with the dean of admissions and he said UIC's average PCAT subscores for those accepted were around the following:
Verbal- 70's
Bio- 80's
Reading Comp.- 70's
Quant. - high 80's/low 90's
Chemistry - high 80's/low 90's
Also, UIC only looks at PCAT subscores, so the composite is essentially meaningless. I've talked with the dean of admissions and he said UIC's average PCAT subscores for those accepted were around the following:
Verbal- 70's
Bio- 80's
Reading Comp.- 70's
Quant. - high 80's/low 90's
Chemistry - high 80's/low 90's
Did he say if they considered these more than GPA?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hey! I'm doing my undergrad at UIC right now and I'm a part of the UIC's pre-pharmacy club. From what they've told us, as long as you have a double digit for your PCAT score, they'll look at you. They'll look at your GPA if you have a low PCAT score. Ex. If u did really bad on the reading or verbal portion, they'll look at your English grades to see how you did in those classes. A's or B's in you English classes can help compensate for low Reading/Verbal PCAT scores. They understand that you could have had a "bad day" when you were taking ur PCAT. Hope that helps with your question...
PCAT scores arent everything and personally i've only gotten a 73 percentile on my PCAT's and ive gotten a few interviews. Hopefully they keep coming in. I think if you're a well rounded individual you'll have a good shot anywhere.
btw... i heard it's damn hard to get into USN. Everyone i hear who's applying there have top notch pcat scores and amazing GPA. Best of luck to you
Actually, USN doesn't require PCAT. But from next year, it'll be a new requirement. They basically consider your GPA. But with a "not-very-bright" GPA + a bachelors degree or higher, you are an early potential as well.
The rest of us with 3.xx GPAs just has to keep praying to the gods of USN
And thanks for the luck anyway, I sure do need it.Hey! I'm doing my undergrad at UIC right now and I'm a part of the UIC's pre-pharmacy club. From what they've told us, as long as you have a double digit for your PCAT score, they'll look at you. They'll look at your GPA if you have a low PCAT score. Ex. If u did really bad on the reading or verbal portion, they'll look at your English grades to see how you did in those classes. A's or B's in you English classes can help compensate for low Reading/Verbal PCAT scores. They understand that you could have had a "bad day" when you were taking ur PCAT. Hope that helps with your question...
If I ever have to apply to UIC, I'll be doing so with 3.7 GPA + a possible 90th percentile PCAT composite (yep, you heard me right😉).
1
199778
i applied, did my supplemental back in september....
no word yet. 🙁
no word yet. 🙁
i applied, did my supplemental back in september....
no word yet. 🙁
Their interview process/section is around March thru' April, I believe. So, you still have a lot time.
They reply to everyone all at once some time in Feb. So don't worry 🙂
i applied, did my supplemental back in september....
no word yet. 🙁
1
199778
yes, thanks for the update. now i will start to worry in FEB....😱
1
199778
I just got an e-mail from UIC stating my application is under review and they will let us know by the end of next week....
*crosses fingers*
*crosses fingers*
For those worried about PCAT scores...its not all they look for. I know someone who got accepted to UIC with a PCAT composite of 19. She had awesome grades and tons of extra-curric/volunteer experience, also is a pharm tech and had good LOR's. Think positively!👍
For those worried about PCAT scores...its not all they look for. I know someone who got accepted to UIC with a PCAT composite of 19. She had awesome grades and tons of extra-curric/volunteer experience, also is a pharm tech and had good LOR's. Think positively!👍
Really? Is that an exaggeration?
1
199778
OHHHH i knew it would be too good to be true if I got an interview at UIC. I just got an e-mail regarding their decision. I didn't make the cut to be one of the 300 students that were invited to interview.
so, GOOD LUCK to those that did! 🙂 You all deserve a chance. 👍
so, GOOD LUCK to those that did! 🙂 You all deserve a chance. 👍
Interview decisions are out (or at least some have been emailed). Good luck to everyone.
I got an interview invite!! yipee!!!! 😍 

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Just got my invite too!! WOOOOOOOOOOO

Mine got sent to my SPAM folder (what is Gmail thinking???) so be sure to check there if you dont see anything

Mine got sent to my SPAM folder (what is Gmail thinking???) so be sure to check there if you dont see anything
hey!
do they have preference to instate vs out of state?
for those of you that posted above that have interviews...do you mind telling me if you are an Illinois resident?
They do have a huge preference to not just Illinois residents, but Illinois state schools (UIC, UIUC, etc)
I'm an Illinois resident! UIC is going to be first choice for anyone in Illinois. I also applied to Midwestern, but heck if I can save 18k a year, I'm on board for that.
___________________________
Always bear in mind that your own resolution to succeed is more important than any other.
Abraham Lincoln
___________________________
Always bear in mind that your own resolution to succeed is more important than any other.
Abraham Lincoln
We gotta fix this misconception.
UIC tuition is 8k per semester not per year.
Per year it is 16k so you will save only 11k, not 18k. lol but still quite a savings.
http://www.uic.edu/depts/oar/grad/tuition_prof/tuition_prof_fal08_spr09.html
UIC tuition is 8k per semester not per year.
Per year it is 16k so you will save only 11k, not 18k. lol but still quite a savings.
http://www.uic.edu/depts/oar/grad/tuition_prof/tuition_prof_fal08_spr09.html
They do have a huge preference to not just Illinois residents, but Illinois state schools (UIC, UIUC, etc)
I guess that makes me feel a little better for getting denied since I'm an out of stater. I wish you all good luck.
hell yeah! i just got my interview email today too! this school is def my top top choice
best of luck to everyone and hope to see you all at the interviews! 👍
best of luck to everyone and hope to see you all at the interviews! 👍
How do you know that 300 students were invited? Where is that information from?
OHHHH i knew it would be too good to be true if I got an interview at UIC. I just got an e-mail regarding their decision. I didn't make the cut to be one of the 300 students that were invited to interview.
so, GOOD LUCK to those that did! 🙂 You all deserve a chance. 👍
How do you know that 300 students were invited? Where is that information from?
this is what pharmcas is for...
http://www.pharmcas.org/collegesschools/schoolillinoispage.htm
I know that but that is for entering 2008. I am talking about entering 2009 but I guess we wouldn't know that because the interviews invites were just sent out today.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I know that but that is for entering 2008. I am talking about entering 2009 but I guess we wouldn't know that because the interviews invites were just sent out today.
yeah i think you're right. i doubt they will ever tell us until the whole interview process is over. but i think we can get a good perspective on what the numbers will look like this year from 2008. best of luck to you!
We gotta fix this misconception.
UIC tuition is 8k per semester not per year.
Per year it is 16k so you will save only 11k, not 18k. lol but still quite a savings.
http://www.uic.edu/depts/oar/grad/tuition_prof/tuition_prof_fal08_spr09.html
OMG! I cannot believe I didn't catch that, d'oh! Thank you pointing that out. Still a pretty big savings like you said... but I guess that makes me feel better if I only get accepted to Midwestern. Of course I will be ecstatic to be accepted anywhere!
1
161927
!
Last edited by a moderator:
Hi all,
All you people who just got invited, is UIC your top choice and are you holding acceptances elsewhere?
I'm in state so UIC is definitely
I've been accepted to four schools so far, Lecom-B is my top choice right now. I'm still waiting to hear from NSU in Ft Lauderdale, and I wanted to hear from UIC too. So Lecom-B, UIC, and NSU are my top 3. I interviewed at Midwestern CCP and did not like it at all. If I get accepted there it's not going to be an option for me.
Similar threads
- Replies
- 0
- Views
- 1K
- Replies
- 1
- Views
- 1K
