Wildstang

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Jun 15, 2006
Status
Pre-Medical
Hey, so my question has to do with the application where you ahve to state your BCPM classes. Theres only space for 2 classes per requirement, but if you go to a quarter school, to take the ful year, you have 3 classes, ie Bio 210-1,2,3. So should I just attach a sheet or how do I go about fixing the word doc?

thinknofu3

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Nov 27, 2005
Chicago, IL
Status
Medical Student
Yup - as a fellow NU grad I had the same problem, and that's exactly what you do. I just made a table in a word document that looks like the one on the UIC secondary, and added the third quarter of those classes. Unfortunately they make it (or at least they did last year) so that you can't change the formatting of the word doc, so just make a blank page with the table on it, and a brief explanation that you're on the quarter system. It's not a big deal, I'm sure they get people on quarters all the time, and nobody even asked me about it. Hope that helps!

sanche60

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Jul 21, 2005
Status
Resident [Any Field]
Wildstang said:
Hey, so my question has to do with the application where you ahve to state your BCPM classes. Theres only space for 2 classes per requirement, but if you go to a quarter school, to take the ful year, you have 3 classes, ie Bio 210-1,2,3. So should I just attach a sheet or how do I go about fixing the word doc?
Go to the tools tab in word and click unprotect the document. That should allow you to fiddle with the space a little.

About the Ads

jackieMD2007

***MVI***
10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Apr 23, 2006
The Hospital
Status
Resident [Any Field]
thinknofu3 said:
Yup - as a fellow NU grad I had the same problem, and that's exactly what you do. I just made a table in a word document that looks like the one on the UIC secondary, and added the third quarter of those classes. Unfortunately they make it (or at least they did last year) so that you can't change the formatting of the word doc, so just make a blank page with the table on it, and a brief explanation that you're on the quarter system. It's not a big deal, I'm sure they get people on quarters all the time, and nobody even asked me about it. Hope that helps!
I made a little table in Excel for the quarters. I think it is okay that way. Glad to see others had the same thought. :)

Johnny_one_eye

Phleboptimist
10+ Year Member
Jun 21, 2006
Chicago
Status
Medical Student
sanche60 said:
Go to the tools tab in word and click unprotect the document. That should allow you to fiddle with the space a little.
Indeed, but then just don't forget to reprotect it when you're done so you can finish filling in the form.

About the Ads