UIC Secondary Application Question

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Wildstang

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey, so my question has to do with the application where you ahve to state your BCPM classes. Theres only space for 2 classes per requirement, but if you go to a quarter school, to take the ful year, you have 3 classes, ie Bio 210-1,2,3. So should I just attach a sheet or how do I go about fixing the word doc?

Members don't see this ad.

Yup - as a fellow NU grad I had the same problem, and that's exactly what you do. I just made a table in a word document that looks like the one on the UIC secondary, and added the third quarter of those classes. Unfortunately they make it (or at least they did last year) so that you can't change the formatting of the word doc, so just make a blank page with the table on it, and a brief explanation that you're on the quarter system. It's not a big deal, I'm sure they get people on quarters all the time, and nobody even asked me about it. Hope that helps!

Wildstang said:
Hey, so my question has to do with the application where you ahve to state your BCPM classes. Theres only space for 2 classes per requirement, but if you go to a quarter school, to take the ful year, you have 3 classes, ie Bio 210-1,2,3. So should I just attach a sheet or how do I go about fixing the word doc?

Go to the tools tab in word and click unprotect the document. That should allow you to fiddle with the space a little.

Members don't see this ad :)
thinknofu3 said:
Yup - as a fellow NU grad I had the same problem, and that's exactly what you do. I just made a table in a word document that looks like the one on the UIC secondary, and added the third quarter of those classes. Unfortunately they make it (or at least they did last year) so that you can't change the formatting of the word doc, so just make a blank page with the table on it, and a brief explanation that you're on the quarter system. It's not a big deal, I'm sure they get people on quarters all the time, and nobody even asked me about it. Hope that helps!

I made a little table in Excel for the quarters. I think it is okay that way. Glad to see others had the same thought. :)

sanche60 said:
Go to the tools tab in word and click unprotect the document. That should allow you to fiddle with the space a little.

Indeed, but then just don't forget to reprotect it when you're done so you can finish filling in the form.