UIC vs UDM

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Doc_1234

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys I need your help! I got accepted to both UIC and UDM but I'm not sure which one to go with. Any input on both schools would greatly be appreciated. Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

What's the difference in cost? I'd say uic has a slightly better reputation and longstanding success. To me its probably based mostly on cost though. Really can't go wrong with either so go with whichever felt better to you.

Members don't see this ad :)
UDM has an amazing reputation itself. And UIC's facilities are kinda old. But neither is a bad choice.

While I know nothing about UIC, I do know the two locations. Where would you rather live, Detroit or Chicago. Easy choice there when not accounting for costs. I'm assuming you're instate for UIC though? So wouldn't it be cheaper there? If that's the case, I would be headed to UIC.

The cost different is like 60K. I really didn't like the small group learning that UIC has, and to be honest I felt the students at UDM were much happier than at UIC, I just dont know if I should let cost sway me. I wish I could get input from students attending both schools :(

Thanks for the replies guys.

60k each year? or 60k total? Either way 60k is a lot, people at UDM are generally quite happy, i've never met one that wasn't, but every school is what you make of it and every one that I visited had happy students. Cost of living in Chicago will be higher as well, personally if it was 60k difference and I had a choice I think I would go to the town that interests me most just to experience new things.

A lot of Illinois residents have a tough choice to make between the two state schools if they are fortunate to be accepted to both. Most people would consider uric to have a better reputation than siu but in recent years I feel like the attitude has become more balanced between the two since uic has gone to pbl curriculum which many people don't really connect with. I know that several of my classmates turned down uic to go to siu where the curriculum is still lecture based. Although you aren't choosing between the two state schools the principle is still the same; pbl or lecture based. I feel like I'm muddying the water for you since my last post but personally I hated pbl. Its kind of a toss up between saving 60k or hating your D1 year if you're not fond of pbl. Have fun deciding between the two