Willis

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Jan 22, 2007
Status (Visible)
  1. Dental Student
Called Ann today and she says the waitlist wont be ranked until end of march now.

Joe70h8

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Jun 7, 2006
Status (Visible)
  1. Dentist
Anyone hear anything further from UIC? How full is the class? What deadlines are coming up? When's the next admissions meeting?

Thanks

About the Ads

Yeti81

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Mar 2, 2006
Status (Visible)
Anyone hear anything further from UIC? How full is the class? What deadlines are coming up? When's the next admissions meeting?

Thanks

I believe we are going to find out our rankings this coming monday, March 26th.

Yeti81

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Mar 2, 2006
Status (Visible)
anyone hear anything

Well guys, I just found out that I was ranked 11th on UIC's waitlist. I really don't think there's any hope for me anymore with UIC, so I can either go to Case or reapply to UIC. Not sure what to do.

mpdent

10+ Year Member
Mar 14, 2007
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Dental
Why do you think you have no chance being ranked at 11?

Yeti81

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Mar 2, 2006
Status (Visible)
Why do you think you have no chance being ranked at 11?

I think every year, UIC take about 5 to 10 people off the waitlist. So I think I fall short. Also, when I spoke to Jill she mentioned that everyone had already made their deposit. I know I still have a chance because everybody on the waitlist still has a chance until school starts, but I believe my chances are very slim.

Joe70h8

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Jun 7, 2006
Status (Visible)
  1. Dentist
Any idea if they will post our ranking on AADSAS?

I'm kind of giving up hope and fully committing myself to going to NYU. I would have liked to gone to UIC, but I guess it wasn't in the cards. I'm not even considering reapplying because who knows what next year will hold. I'm taking my acceptance and running with it.

Joe70h8

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Jun 7, 2006
Status (Visible)
  1. Dentist
Yeah, I got a call today this afternoon (I left a message this morning) and I'm now 100% going to NYU. Jill said they placed 45 people on the waitlist, which is considerably larger than previous years. As Yeti81 stated, they have in the past taken 5-10 people off the waitlist so if you're in the top 10, who knows what will happen between now and day 1 of classes. If you're where I'm at, you'll go with plan B.

Smileisland

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Sep 13, 2006
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Dental
Yeah, I got a call today this afternoon (I left a message this morning) and I'm now 100% going to NYU. Jill said they placed 45 people on the waitlist, which is considerably larger than previous years. As Yeti81 stated, they have in the past taken 5-10 people off the waitlist so if you're in the top 10, who knows what will happen between now and day 1 of classes. If you're where I'm at, you'll go with plan B.

If you don't mind me asking, where were you on the list?

Joe70h8

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Jun 7, 2006
Status (Visible)
  1. Dentist
I don't know how this will benefit anyone, but since you asked, I was around 30/45 or so. Like I said, I called Jill and left a message so if you think people are being contacted in order of their ranking, that is not the case.

About the Ads
This thread is more than 14 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.