UIC waitlist

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Willis

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Called Ann today and she says the waitlist wont be ranked until end of march now.

Members don't see this ad.

Anyone hear anything further from UIC? How full is the class? What deadlines are coming up? When's the next admissions meeting?

Thanks

Members don't see this ad :)
Anyone hear anything further from UIC? How full is the class? What deadlines are coming up? When's the next admissions meeting?

Thanks

I believe we are going to find out our rankings this coming monday, March 26th.

anyone hear anything

Well guys, I just found out that I was ranked 11th on UIC's waitlist. I really don't think there's any hope for me anymore with UIC, so I can either go to Case or reapply to UIC. Not sure what to do.

Just curious, how did you find that out?

Just curious, how did you find that out?

I spoke to Jill Hoffmeister. I left her a message and she called me back. She's very nice and very helpful.

Why do you think you have no chance being ranked at 11?

Why do you think you have no chance being ranked at 11?

I think every year, UIC take about 5 to 10 people off the waitlist. So I think I fall short. Also, when I spoke to Jill she mentioned that everyone had already made their deposit. I know I still have a chance because everybody on the waitlist still has a chance until school starts, but I believe my chances are very slim.

Any idea if they will post our ranking on AADSAS?

I'm kind of giving up hope and fully committing myself to going to NYU. I would have liked to gone to UIC, but I guess it wasn't in the cards. I'm not even considering reapplying because who knows what next year will hold. I'm taking my acceptance and running with it.

Anyone else hear anything today?

Yeah, I got a call today this afternoon (I left a message this morning) and I'm now 100% going to NYU. Jill said they placed 45 people on the waitlist, which is considerably larger than previous years. As Yeti81 stated, they have in the past taken 5-10 people off the waitlist so if you're in the top 10, who knows what will happen between now and day 1 of classes. If you're where I'm at, you'll go with plan B.

Yeah, I got a call today this afternoon (I left a message this morning) and I'm now 100% going to NYU. Jill said they placed 45 people on the waitlist, which is considerably larger than previous years. As Yeti81 stated, they have in the past taken 5-10 people off the waitlist so if you're in the top 10, who knows what will happen between now and day 1 of classes. If you're where I'm at, you'll go with plan B.

If you don't mind me asking, where were you on the list?

I don't know how this will benefit anyone, but since you asked, I was around 30/45 or so. Like I said, I called Jill and left a message so if you think people are being contacted in order of their ranking, that is not the case.