UIC... who is going there and what track?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

GBFKicks

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Alright... so who will it be? Anyone still just considering UIC but waiting on a site change?

Members don't see this ad.

I'm gonna be at UIC, just don't know where exactly yet. Haven't heard anything about my site transfer, and I'm about to go to Urbana to look for apartments (boo hoo). Urbana/Peoria.

I've been a lurker on this board for a while, and I have noticed that people accepted to uic in the peoria track are less than thrilled about the placement. while i would prefer chicago if i were from outta state or whatever, i wanna let everyone know that p-town isn't all that bad. i am doing my undergrad in peoria (bradley) and while it's not super-exciting, you won't die of bordem. congrats on getting in!

Members don't see this ad :)
chickenderby13 said:
I've been a lurker on this board for a while, and I have noticed that people accepted to uic in the peoria track are less than thrilled about the placement. while i would prefer chicago if i were from outta state or whatever, i wanna let everyone know that p-town isn't all that bad. i am doing my undergrad in peoria (bradley) and while it's not super-exciting, you won't die of bordem. congrats on getting in!

I am less then thrilled about Peoria, not because of any inherent suckiness of P-town, but because I am a Chicago boy, my fiancee has a career here that she will have to give up, my friends and family are here, my preferred form of entertainment is here (Dance music, lesser known genres, I don't wanna hear that some ****head plays house music on sat nite at a local "club") and won't be available in peoria on the same scale. I am sure that if I end up in Peoria, it will be just fine. There are, in fact, many benefits I see to moving there. I wouldn't mind saving a boatload of $ by living there, and there will be less traffic and stupid mofos living in the apartment next to/under/over/accross from me (hopefully).

I just wanted to say Peoria is not bad, I just wanna stay where I'm from :thumbup:

sounds good...i hope that you get to stay in chicago, and good luck