Jul 12, 2012
Status
Pre-Medical
Hi I was wondering if anyone here has been to a UIW pt interview this year, or previous years?

Last edited:
Dec 9, 2012
Status
Pre-Physical Therapy
Hi I was wondering if anyone here has been to a UIW pt interview this year, or previous years? I would just like to know how they do their set ups and maybe get some advice.
Hi! I been searching for the past two weeks but there seems to nothing about UIW interviews. I have one coming up this Saturday and I'm coming from Cali, do you have one coming up this weekend?!

Jul 12, 2012
Status
Pre-Medical
Yes I do!!! Wow ur flying in? That's great !!!!!! Hope you love sa! Did they tell you how many people are interviewing?

About the Ads
Dec 9, 2012
Status
Pre-Physical Therapy
Hahaha thanks! Never been there. No I didn't ask, but cause its rolling admission I'm thinking that we might be the last batch of group to interview. Do you know much about the school? I know it's a fairly new program. Have you checked out their new building? I heard its awesome.

Jul 12, 2012
Status
Pre-Medical
I have I took a tour about a month ago. All new stuff very nice look.

Last edited:
Dec 9, 2012
Status
Pre-Physical Therapy
Oooo I thought they were accredited? No I just heard back from two schools. UIW and univeristy of mary which is in march. This is my first interview coming up. If accepted to uiw would we find out if the school be accredited before we start our class? Have u done any other interviews?

Dec 9, 2012
Status
Pre-Physical Therapy
HEY! How'd you think you did on the interview? Def the most bizarre type of interview. LOL, I was asking around other applicants if they used student doctor forum.. I was hoping to find you! lol. Btw, I was the only asian guy there, if you recall :)

HughLee

Member - PT Faculty
5+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Jan 11, 2012
Status
Non-Student
UIW has been granted candidacy for accreditation. The are allowed to start teaching classs, and are continuing on the path to accreditation. The following is from the CAPTE website. www.capteonline.org.

A) Candidates for Accreditation

These programs have admitted at least one class of students and have been granted Candidate for Accreditation status by the Commission on Accreditation in Physical Therapy Education. Candidacy status indicates that a program is making satisfactory progress toward compliance with accreditation criteria, but it does not assure that a program will achieve accreditation. (Note: Date indicates anticipated graduation of first class.)

University of the Incarnate Word
Caroline Goulet, PT, PhD
Director
Physical Therapy Program
4301 Broadway, CPO 300
San Antonio, TX 78209-6397
Program: 210/283-6472
E-mail: [email protected]
First Class Graduates: 05/2015

Jul 12, 2012
Status
Pre-Medical
It was different !! But I think I did good (hopefully) lol. Hate that we have to wait another month to hear tho. How do u think you did ?

Dec 9, 2012
Status
Pre-Physical Therapy
haha. i think i did pretty well. they were all chill and easy going through the interview. i love the new building and equipment. omg.. i was like drooling all over the place. the PBL class was very interesting, i realized that my researching skills are very minimum haha, darn art major. but nonetheless i loved it.

Jul 12, 2012
Status
Pre-Medical
Ya I felt the same when we did that excerise with PBL!!! They really do have a nice set up there!! Love all the new equipment!!! Hope your other interview goes really well!! Ill let you know if I hear from uiw... Hopefully we will know soon :)

Nov 7, 2013
Status
Pre-Rehab Sci [General]
What was the interview like? I have an interview coming up in a couple of weeks and I am curious as to what kind of questions to expect.

May 22, 2013
tx
Status
Pre-Rehab Sci [General]
You have 6 10minute speed dating interviews, an essay and a PBL style seminar

Nov 19, 2013
What kind of questions did someone who has gone to there interview before get? I have one coming up soon and I am trying to figure out what to focus on. Was the essay about their program or possibly direct access/vision 2020. Thanks for any and all help!

Jan 28, 2014
Houston
What kind of questions did someone who has gone to there interview before get? I have one coming up soon and I am trying to figure out what to focus on. Was the essay about their program or possibly direct access/vision 2020. Thanks for any and all help!
Since you've been to the interview, can you shed some light on the interview asked, essay topic, and pbl seminar?

Thank you for any information!

About the Ads