UIW vs TUNCOM

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Wcm21

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
TUNCOM is obviously more established and I like the area and school a lot. My s/o may be able to move with me here, but if not UIW will make them worst case only 2.5 hours away (best case able to find a job in SA). UIW will also be way more convenient a location for me (Texas resident and already have 5+ trips planned for fall to travel back to Texas.. and I have dogs making trips back harder). We have been doing long distance for several years now and I am so tired of it and could see it impacting my schooling if we have to continue long distance while I'm in school. I guess my main point of this post is to get feedback on if I'd be making a really dumb decision by picking UIW over TUNCOM due to it being a brand new school. Thanks for any input!!

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
While I didn't apply to any of their schools, the Touro system has so many resources that you would have access to. Go there.
I was on the fence with UIW and UNECOM and chose UNE for the resources and the fact that it is well established.

Reactions: 1 users
Okay thanks everybody. This is what I figured but just wanted reassurance

Seconding TUNCOM as well. I think the new dean is going to steer the school in a great direction, especially with the fact that he's providing students a full 2 months of dedicated board time. (I think every student, MD and DO, wishes they had that).

Reactions: 2 users