Uiw

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

pubicsymphysis

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys! I was granted with an interview with University of Incarnate Word on 1/19. Has anyone been there for an interview? I was wondering if anyone can share some information. Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Hey! This is super late but may still help other students that may be applying. I am a DPT student at UIW right now. I don't want to give away too much info about the interview process but I'll tell you it is much different than most interviews.
Typically, it is a few hours long on a Saturday morning, with a large group of other applicants. You will interact with many different professors, current students and other applicants. You will get a tour of the very nice/new DPT building by current students and participate in a few individual and group activities. Like other interviews, it is always good to have questions ready to ask about the school to show your interest and to learn about the school as much as you can before you come.
UIW DPT school is different than most DPT schools. It is problem based learning (PBL), which means we are required to find the answers to our questions most the time, instead of getting the information from a Power Point. Look up information about this type of teaching model to see if you think you would like it before you come (they will ask you at the interview). It requires you to work with your classmates much more than a traditional model, and really helps you learn to think critically and ask god questions. I'm sure how you interact with others will be part of the decision making process.

I don't get on SDN much but feel free to ask any other questions.