UIWSO reputation?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

what reputation does uiwso have? i mean some schools are known for research, good clinic, etc etc.

Members don't see this ad.

what reputation does uiwso have? i mean some schools are known for research, good clinic, etc etc.

From what I have heard, they are really involved in community service in San Antonio, and they put a lot of emphasis on that aspect of the school. I don't know if the school has been around long enough to definitively say "what they are known for" as far as academics go. It may take a few more years to determine what their strongest points are going to be.

Members don't see this ad :)
AKA good luck finding employment in anything non-commercial after you graduate. The optometry community is small and they know the reputation of your school :)

lol sarcasm

If u really want a true answer, your best bet is to get any information you can from the school's website, and also going to visit the school. By visiting the school, you can probably talk to some faculty and get their perspective on which direction the school is headed.

If u really want a true answer, your best bet is to get any information you can from the school's website, and also going to visit the school. By visiting the school, you can probably talk to some faculty and get their perspective on which direction the school is headed.

It's not like UIWSO's website will talk about the negatives of their school lol.

It would be best to talk to ODs around the area.

I concur. Best to talk to practicing ODs if you want the most unbiased opinion. I recently talked to an OD of mine about the troubles plagueing the profession and he was really positive about the profession and the future of it. It really gave me a lot of confidence.

You mean OD's affiliated w/ the school don't u? OD's who happen to stay in the area might not know too much about the school.