UK medical school

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

gotenks

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
are there any medical schools in uk or usa that accepts transfer students from other medical schools.

Members don't see this ad.

gotenks said:
are there any medical schools in uk or usa that accepts transfer students from other medical schools.

UK medical schools don't except transfers normally. Sometimes they'll accept a transfer from another UK school for strong personal reasons.

They will never except transfers from international schools. I know someone from UCLA (MSII) who tried to transfer to my school to be near her boyfriend. My school wasn't interested. Told her to apply to year one if interested.

Depends where you are coming from - if from real UK school* then maybe.
The US is more open to international transfers - especially if you have already passed step 1. The american association of medical colleges website at one stage had a listing of transfer policies of all US schools.

Best of luck.

W4G

* = We have had recently however a lot of tools from the recently busted fake squatter schools in the UK trying to get into legitimate UK schools on the basis of "they are already UK students". :laugh: What makes people think, "hey, Given my <3.0 gpa and <26 MCATs I wouldn't have had 1 chance in a million to get into these schools before I went to "ACME medschool and pizza Inc". Now, after two years of that experience, the real medical schools will now surely be fighting over me. Harvard/Oxford/Hopkins/Cambridge here I come...."

It is tragic.