UK pharmacist wanting to move to the usa, help needed

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

umar44

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi all, im currently doing my pre-reg (=internship?) here in the UK and will be a qualified pharmacist after passing my exams in June. After this I am considering moving to the USA. I have a MPharm (4 year course) degree, which makes it 5 years if you include my pre-reg year.

My question is, what is the easiest way of getting registered as a pharmacist in the usa? Is there any exmption for UK pharmacists from the normal procedure for international students?

Any help would be much appreciated.

Members don't see this ad.

UK grads will most likely be treated no differently than other foreign non-Canadian grads.

You have a 5-year degree, and that is the very important part.

umar44 said:
Hi all, im currently doing my pre-reg (=internship?) here in the UK and will be a qualified pharmacist after passing my exams in June. After this I am considering moving to the USA. I have a MPharm (4 year course) degree, which makes it 5 years if you include my pre-reg year.

My question is, what is the easiest way of getting registered as a pharmacist in the usa? Is there any exmption for UK pharmacists from the normal procedure for international students?

Any help would be much appreciated.

honestly the easiest way to go is to contact the pharmacy association of the state you want to move in and from there they will tell you what you need to practice here....If you don't have any state in mind..pick one!!!!! usually they have a good web site, full of information and contact..email..phone..fax..there is always somebody you can join and get the info you need.