UK pharmacist wanting to move to the usa, help needed

Discussion in 'Pharmacy' started by umar44, Dec 3, 2005.

1. umar44

umar44 New Member
    10+ Year Member

Pharmacy Student
    Hi all, im currently doing my pre-reg (=internship?) here in the UK and will be a qualified pharmacist after passing my exams in June. After this I am considering moving to the USA. I have a MPharm (4 year course) degree, which makes it 5 years if you include my pre-reg year.

My question is, what is the easiest way of getting registered as a pharmacist in the usa? Is there any exmption for UK pharmacists from the normal procedure for international students?

Any help would be much appreciated.

2. SomeGuy

SomeGuy Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

UK grads will most likely be treated no differently than other foreign non-Canadian grads.

You have a 5-year degree, and that is the very important part.

3. LiveLoveFartRepeat

LiveLoveFartRepeat LiveLoveFartRepeat
    Pharmacist Lifetime Donor Verified Account 10+ Year Member

Pharmacist

honestly the easiest way to go is to contact the pharmacy association of the state you want to move in and from there they will tell you what you need to practice here....If you don't have any state in mind..pick one!!!!! usually they have a good web site, full of information and contact..email..phone..fax..there is always somebody you can join and get the info you need.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...