UK Radiology Residency -> Canada?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

SavantPenguin

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi all,

I am trying to figure out if this is a route that is worth chasing. I know a lot of UK radiology trainees end up doing a Canadian fellowship, but I cannot quite figure out if this is something that can be converted into a more long-term stay. There just is not very much information on what the job market is like.

I understand that RCPSC in theory recognizes UK training and would let me sit the exit exams. I would also have to get through express entry to get a visa. This seems like a $10000 CAD process and about 2 years of red tape, which seems doable from the UK.

Where it gets complicated are the labour market assessments for express entry and just the possibility of the job market being so saturated that there is no point in trying. I would not mind any reasonably sized city, say >200k, definitely not aiming for Toronto/Vancouver.

Does anyone know if IMGs are getting jobs out there either in diagnostic or intervention?

Members don't see this ad.

No clue. Only way to know these things is either to manually look through the lists of radiologists at major academic centers and see if any of the recent hires were trained in the UK, or to find connections who have done fellowships in Canada and ask them. You are unlikely to find such subspecialized information like this on a forum.