UK Residency and PLAB test Urgent Help and Guide needed!!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

SashaSLAY

Reaction score
  • #1 I am from India. Currently heading towards my final year of medicine . I have been wanting to do my residency in the United Kingdom and further practice medicine over there itself.
I've tried looking up for answers but I haven't found any which would clear all my doubts . I know we have to give PLAB 1 And 2 but how to prepare for it and which study guide should I take?
I don't have a clear picture of how the residencies work like in US it's basically matching. So I don't really know how it works in the UK.
Can someone please give me a step by step guide of how to approach the entire thing. Say, I want to go for pedia or Optha what all do I have to do in order to get a residency in that particular field after graduating from my university. I'm sorry if I'm asking for too much , but it would be of great help if someone could help me figure this out .
Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

This is a topic most US medical students probably know little to nothing about, so I'm going to move this to the international forum.