Ultimate Breakdown Collection

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Glimmer1991

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Ready to tackle the DAT? You're in the right place. Here is a collection of the best breakdowns on SDN from 2012-today. If you ever see a breakdown that needs to be on this list, let me know via a comment or PM.

Just a reminder: Although these breakdowns are great resources to use, that doesn't mean that the OPs are still around. Check the date these were posted and the OP's history before you revive a dead thread--in many cases, these people have been gone for years! Also, I'd like to make sure proper credit is given to Smurf12, who had the original idea for this thread.

Miscellaneous Resources
FREE Online Cliff's AP Bio 3rd edition
Sample DAT Study Plan by DentalWorks
BIO Guides by bangity
PAT Tutorial by Sama951
RC Strategy by Vicviper
Edited Version of Alan's Bio Notes by scsc7211
Hole Punch Method by xjtrandx
Biology Notes by feralisextremum
2011 Destroyer Worksheet (Excel, PDF) by predentlimbo
Destroyer Answer Template by hurley

Score Format:
(AA)/(TS)/(PAT)

28/30/26 by pdog
28/30/21 by rockstar123
28/28/27 by milanhp
28/28/25 by wazian2018

28/28/25 by small0424

27/30/26 by dent hopefuls
27/28/22 by mschiff
27/28/20 by neoba
27/26/30 by zhangtwanger
27/26/22 by gobinoob

26/30/25 by berrycherry
26/30/23 by glimmer1991
26/27/23 by thanhn
26/26/26 by letsgetit2124
26/26/25 by mostprecious
26/26/22 by tcufrof824
26/26/21 by dhk2131
26/25/24 by qznbabi91
26/25/24 by old_newbie
26/25/23 by meddevil
26/25/22 by jimmpannzee

25/30/22 by slumber
25/29/22 by subridentes
25/27/24 by olikito
25/27/22 by obeserabbit
25/26/24 by hunterx2
25/26/23 by dogedds
25/26/20 by gogate
25/26/20 by tandem7
25/25/30 by jordwin
25/25/27 by ayel91
25/25/25 by aqz
25/25/25 by discensdentibus
25/25/25 by athomas
25/25/24 by sofacola
25/25/24 by klee0891
25/25/23 by reaverops
25/25/22 by shiftparadigm
25/25/20 by surgehw
25/24/27 by dbd
25/24/24 by illfavor
25/24/24 by kc12
25/24/23 by gatord
25/24/22 by jiejsun
25/24/19 by kc1946

24/27/20 by andrewhntran
24/25/24 by wcombs
24/25/23 by koreano
24/25/23 by detroittigersfan
24/25/23 by ckirty
24/25/23 by blake1e
24/25/22 by troyvdg
24/25/20 by nahahes49
24/25/19 by applesandteeth
24/24/25 by genxcop
24/24/25 by piranha
24/24/22 by stebe
24/24/21 by biyant
24/24/20 by jophiel
24/24/20 by pacers765
24/24/19 by ecdental
24/23/23 by richardc300
24/23/22 by y3nd0
24/23/20 by centry
24/23/20 by labcoatandpearls
24/23/22 by hahahigh
24/22/23 by bowerbird25
24/22/22 by vlaura0214

24/22/21 by thelifter.

23/25/19 by ivanlo01
23/25/19 by kingsta2426
23/24/27 by welikeliang
23/24/22 by ilovefruits
23/24/21 by xatlasb
23/24/19 by nguyen3706
23/23/24 by brazilianrider
23/23/23 by wadtha
23/23/23 by scsc7211
23/23/22 by member 139582
23/23/22 by mumford
23/23/19 by TXpredent
23/22/21 by lowkeydr
23/22/20 by distressstudent
23/22/20 by feralbrute
23/21/21 by crenee

22/23/24 by pilotdentist
22/23/23 by sicem
22/23/22 by hl4jn
22/23/22 by laughinggas
22/23/22 by kang17
22/23/22 by J777
22/23/19 by getatme1537
22/23/19 by jtsantos
22/23/18 by synthiac
22/22/25 by free99
22/22/25 by ekephant
22/22/25 by duvaldentist
22/22/24 by djdents
22/22/23 by willdrill4food
22/22/22 by calvzzz
22/22/23 by ichoai
22/22/22 by mightymoose02
22/22/22 by semimi
22/22/21 by derbear
22/22/21 by itscalvss
22/22/21 by summertime01
22/22/21 by pate
22/22/21 by matty675
22/22/20 by mjmjmjmj
22/22/20 by isaacyankem
22/21/23 by lmcole3

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Reactions: 14 users
OHO Nice work Glimmer! Good luck to all future predents taking the DAT. Looking at breakdowns is a great motivator and a great place to start your epic battle against the beast!

Members don't see this ad :)
Thanks for the suggestions, free99! They're added! Keep 'em coming!

And you're welcome, everyone!

Thanks for these - I'm particularly interested in seeing the breakdown or scores of someone like myself - a non-traditional applicant that's been out of school for a while working in their careers and has already has their pre-reqs (not freshly-taken in preparation for application), preferably older pre-reqs.

What I'm curious about is how they studied for the DAT - frequency, duration, materials, etc., having been out of school for a while. And of course, their scores as a result of their preparation methods.

I've clicked on 5-6 of your much-appreciated links, but all of them appear to be the typical, young soon-to-be BS graduate with studying and biology/GC/OC relatively fresh on their minds. Obviously, having recently taken the courses represented on the DAT, their study techniques and methods are likely to be very different from those years removed from the academic environment.

If you know of any of the above links that are non-trads, please let me know. Thanks again!

I've added 4 or 5 breakdowns. Just an update! We're sort of in the "slow" season for new breakdowns, but I bet people will be posting a lot more once school ends. :)

I've added 4 or 5 breakdowns. Just an update! We're sort of in the "slow" season for new breakdowns, but I bet people will be posting a lot more once school ends. :)

I will add one for the top-shelf breakdown list on the evening of July 11th.

Mark it a 25+, Dude.

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi glimmer 1991,
I really want to thank you for this post. I started studying for the dat and I would really appreciate it if you can Email me these links that you posted so I can print them out and study them. My email is
[email protected]
I really appreciate your help
Iman

Hi glimmer 1991,
I really want to thank you for this post. I started studying for the dat and I would really appreciate it if you can Email me these links that you posted so I can print them out and study them. My email is
[email protected]
I really appreciate your help
Iman

You can just click on the individual links you want in the original post and then print them out.

Hola friends--I've had about a million things going on this summer, but I'm sure some good breakdowns have been posted lately. I wanted to bump this to help all of the people studying, but also, make sure you tell me if you see any good breakdowns for me to add!

Happy studying, and good luck to everyone applying next week! The stress is on!

Thanks for these - I'm particularly interested in seeing the breakdown or scores of someone like myself - a non-traditional applicant that's been out of school for a while working in their careers and has already has their pre-reqs (not freshly-taken in preparation for application), preferably older pre-reqs.

What I'm curious about is how they studied for the DAT - frequency, duration, materials, etc., having been out of school for a while. And of course, their scores as a result of their preparation methods.

I've clicked on 5-6 of your much-appreciated links, but all of them appear to be the typical, young soon-to-be BS graduate with studying and biology/GC/OC relatively fresh on their minds. Obviously, having recently taken the courses represented on the DAT, their study techniques and methods are likely to be very different from those years removed from the academic environment.

If you know of any of the above links that are non-trads, please let me know. Thanks again!

I'm a non-trad and it's been quite a few years since I've taken my pre-reqs...just posted my breakdown if you're interested although I'm not sure it's stellar enough for this collection. I don't know if it's very different from the youngins but here you go: http://forums.studentdoctor.net/showthread.php?t=1008746

Bump! I've scrolled through the past few pages of posts in this forum and added some more.

Good luck to everyone studying and taking their tests right now! I haven't been so active over here because I've been doing applications and secondaries! Scary! :D

Thank you so much for you work in compiling this stuff!

My biggest concern with the DAT is the bio section and that has me stressing out so much. I've been just digging through the forums to find ways to study for it and I can't really find guidance!

Any suggestions/breakdown on how to approach biology. Any detailed way to tackle it would be greatly appreciate as this section really is killing me.

Right now I have KBB, cliffs AP Bio, Dat Destoryer, Ferali's notes, and scsc7211's version of Alan's notes

Last edited:
Thank you so much for you work in compiling this stuff!

My biggest concern with the DAT is the bio section and that has me stressing out so much. I've been just digging through the forums to find ways to study for it and I can't really find guidance!

Any suggestions/breakdown on how to approach biology. Any detailed way to tackle it would be greatly appreciate as this section really is killing me.

Right now I have KBB, cliffs AP Bio, Dat Destoryer, Ferali's notes, and scsc7211's version of Alan's notes

Hey there! There aren't really any tricks to going through the bio section, sadly. I think the overarching theme you'll find in all of these breakdowns is just to use the bio books you have and try to cram as MUCH as you can into your head. I had Cliff's AP bio and Barron's AP bio (I preferred Barron's). I went through both of them and tried to do at least a chapter a day. After reviewing them the first time, I went through them again. Then, the week before my test, I went back over the chapters that I was having the hardest time memorizing. Most of this section is just brute memorization, so it's something you have to tackle in manageable chunks (for example, try your hardest to memorize a chapter each day). I did the questions at the ends of the chapters immediately after I finished reading each chapter. If I didn't know the answer to a question, I'd go back and re-read that section; that way, I was immediately addressing my problem areas.

It's a whole lot to learn, but I think everything you need is in Cliff's AP bio and Barron's AP bio. I suggest buying them both and learning them to the very best of your abilities. It will serve you well! :)

Reactions: 1 user
Hey there! There aren't really any tricks to going through the bio section, sadly. I think the overarching theme you'll find in all of these breakdowns is just to use the bio books you have and try to cram as MUCH as you can into your head. I had Cliff's AP bio and Barron's AP bio (I preferred Barron's). I went through both of them and tried to do at least a chapter a day. After reviewing them the first time, I went through them again. Then, the week before my test, I went back over the chapters that I was having the hardest time memorizing. Most of this section is just brute memorization, so it's something you have to tackle in manageable chunks (for example, try your hardest to memorize a chapter each day). I did the questions at the ends of the chapters immediately after I finished reading each chapter. If I didn't know the answer to a question, I'd go back and re-read that section; that way, I was immediately addressing my problem areas.

It's a whole lot to learn, but I think everything you need is in Cliff's AP bio and Barron's AP bio. I suggest buying them both and learning them to the very best of your abilities. It will serve you well! :)

Ahh I see. My only problem is that stuff I went over a few days ago are already hazy in my memory so I'm forgetting the material all too quickly =\

Great post. Wish I would've known about it earlier.

I wish it would be stickied for precisely this reason, but for some reason, that just won't happen! :( Thank you, though! I keep it in my signature so hopefully most people can find it.

Hey everyone,

I haven't been as active on the DAT forums as I used to be... this semester has been KILLER, and school and worrying about applications have taken up all of my time! If you have seen anything lately that should be on this list, please let me know and I will add it. :) And don't be shy about recommending your own breakdown! If you put a lot of time into it, it should totally be here. Thanks!

Hey everyone,

I haven't been as active on the DAT forums as I used to be... this semester has been KILLER, and school and worrying about applications have taken up all of my time! If you have seen anything lately that should be on this list, please let me know and I will add it. :) And don't be shy about recommending your own breakdown! If you put a lot of time into it, it should totally be here. Thanks!

Can you add mine? (below)

My organic chemistry part should be helpful for anyone that's struggling in that section. I have some links in there as well for PAT. Thanks.

Hey everyone,

I would like mine added as well if possible. I think my breakdown can share to people that mastering the chemistries can really boost your AA up a lot!

Thanks for compiling these. They have been a great help to my studies so far, including your breakdown.

This thread should really be stickied. haha

Thanks for compiling these. They have been a great help to my studies so far, including your breakdown.

This thread should really be stickied. haha

Yeah seriously. I wish I had seen this thread before I started studying. I wasted a lot of time hunting for relevant breakdowns.

Hopefully, our breakdowns from this past year will help out the next batch. There's been a lot of new material (that people are now starting to use more) in recent months like DAT QVAULT and DAT BootCamp.

Thanks, guys!

I really need to go back and comb through through this list once my semester dies down. I try to be pretty picky with what I add, but some of them that were on the list before I took over are probably a little bit too old to be relevant, and some of them aren't quite in-depth enough. To keep this list from being watered down, I only try to add the ones that clearly have the most time and effort put into them, you know? :)

Has anyone figured out how to add a hyperlink, but edit the text it shows for that link? I used to be able to do this with the regular toolbar, but I can't seem to figure it out.

Tell me some breakdowns that need to be here, folks. :) I haven't ventured into this subforum in a while, but I hate to let this fall by the wayside. Thanks!

Why did you take off the AA 20 and 21

With the new forum update, my post was too large and it made me cut down my characters if I wanted to edit it. So... I figured those would be the first thing to go. Not ideal, but I had to get rid of something!