Ultimate DAT study materials list

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

iqi123

Reaction score
Hey guys! I am starting to study for the DAT and want to make sure that I spend money on the best/most effective study materials possible. I keep seeing many threads on here of Bootcamp, Booster, Destroyer, and Crack the DAT. I was wondering if people could give me their opinions on what program or study materials would be best to study regarding the overall DAT or each section? Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

I’d go with:
DAT Booster - $250
DAT + Math Destroyer Bundle - $200

The other option you’ll see most people suggest is:
DAT Bootcamp - $500

You get better resources and more practice questions with the first option imo and you pay less.

you can find breakdowns where people didn’t use any of these resources and were successful. Not sure what they did but it worked for them and may be worth looking into.

You can use some of DAT bootcampa free resources like their 120 of bio notes for quick review, but I wouldn’t say their $500 or $1000 option is worth the price.

Destroyer isn’t representative of the actual DAT, it’s much harder but it exposes you to all the material and prepares you for anything you could see. It’s not a content review resource though, it’s more of a practice and knowledge/understanding check. Most people will use either Feralis notes (now incorporated into DAT Booster), or Orgomans Dynamite Bio notes for bio content review and then Chemistry Review videos from Chad or DAT Bootcamp or DAT Booster as a base before starting through Destroyer. And most people scoring 22+ are going through Destroyer multiple times.

Bootcamp and Booster are supposed to be a “one stop” package. Content review, practice questions, timed practice tests to help simulate the real thing. I don’t think Bootcamp offers anything more to justify the $250 price difference. Especially when I can use the money saved to get The Destroyer books and still end up saving $50.

Reactions: 1 users
I have to agree with @stuzinski.

I'm personally not a fan of Bootcamp since there are better study materials out there now. From what I gather, lots of people are doing well with Destroyer and Booster.

Interesting perspectives. I keep hearing about BC because of the easy to use interface but I am noticing more people are having better luck with PAT and Math when using DAT Destroyer. In terms of Bio, are the Feralis notes better than the ones on BC (I have heard the ones on BC are based off of Feralis). Also, for Chem/OChem are Chad's or Mike's BC videos better? And who is better for the RC sections? I know that overall Booster and Destroyer have better practice tests. I don't mind spending the money to do a hybrid of sources, I just want to make sure I have the right materials to succeed.

Reactions: 1 user