• AMA with Certified Student Loan Professional

Join SDN on December 7th at 6:00 PM Eastern as we host Andrew Paulson of StudentLoanAdvice.com for an AMA webinar. He'll be answering your questions about how to best manage your student loans. Register now!

Ultrasound machines

Dr. Ice

Attending
15+ Year Member
Oct 10, 2003
  1. Attending Physician
    Looking to purchase an ultrasound machine. Have met with two reps..one for sonosite and the other Ge. Had some time to use M turbo from sonosite and Logiq V2 from GE. Also considering the edge II from sonosite but a little out of my price range. Does anyone have any good insight into any of these units? I kind of like the smaller probe that GE offers but sonosite seems to be the market leader for msk ultrasound.

Thanks in advance

PMR2008

PM&R
    10+ Year Member
    Aug 17, 2007
    1. Attending Physician
      Are you using the U/S for diagnosis and billing for it? Also are you doing any complicated procedures like stellate ganglion blocks and medial branch blocks?
      If you are using the u/s mostly for needle guidance and basic diagnosis I highly recommend Philips Lumify. Very portable, if you have a screen in your room you can chrome cast it. they used to have a 30 day return policy and a month to month lease. Easy to transfer images to your EMR.

Dr. Ice

Attending
      15+ Year Member
      Oct 10, 2003
      1. Attending Physician
        Are you using the U/S for diagnosis and billing for it? Also are you doing any complicated procedures like stellate ganglion blocks and medial branch blocks?
        If you are using the u/s mostly for needle guidance and basic diagnosis I highly recommend Philips Lumify. Very portable, if you have a screen in your room you can chrome cast it. they used to have a 30 day return policy and a month to month lease. Easy to transfer images to your EMR.
        Thanks for the reply. I will be using it for more basic interventions ..tendons, joints, aspirations, maybe hydrodisections. I think my practice would prefer to use these two vendors because of relationships. Do you have any insight into any of the three units mentioned?

About the Ads

Gauss

Damnit Jim!
        15+ Year Member
        Mar 4, 2002
        1. Attending Physician
          sonosite m-turbo will be retired, edge is the future replacement for those units.
          Unless GE is giving you a great deal, usually sonosite is best cost:benefit ratio

Winter Smith

Sep 2, 2019
            Yes. the GE ultrasound machines have been almost a standard around our small hospital in Idaho. Usually there are a lot of people that request them.

Sometimes we purchase them new through our GE distributor. But other times we can get the equipment used, if we can find them online anywhere. The last time we found a solid GE ultrasound machine was from the medical auctions at Mazree.com. That was just last year. So, happy hunting.

About the Ads
            This thread is more than 2 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
            2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
            3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
            4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
            5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
            6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
            7. This thread is locked.