Portable ultrasounds

Started by megan1010
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

megan1010

Full Member
7+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Does anyone have experience using these for joint injections? Pros, cons?

I’ve heard of people using them but I don’t know anyone personally that does. It seems Clarius is popular. I’ve used a butterfly but only for superficial scanning, not for joints.
 
Worked with a doc that does. I would say better used for intervention for something like joints rather than diagnostic because the clarity/resolution is worse. Don't need incredible clarity to inject a GH joint or hip for example. Might not be awesome for nerve hydrodissection or injecting around finer structures.
 
I like the VScan, which isn't too pricey and is ~$5,000. I wouldn't do perineural stuff with it either, but can do a lot of the basics with it.