Ultrasound system onvision

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

epidural man

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Does anyone have experience with this system?

Members don't see this ad.

I know this isn't a response to your actual question.

Seems like some unnecessary bull**** that will receive buy-in from high up academics that don't do as many nerve blocks and want it to teach new residents. Once a foothole is gained there, it's going to get shoved down the throat of those of us that don't need it as the new "standard of care."

Just what medicine needs, more unnecessary expensive ****.

Reactions: 1 user
I have actually been able to use that system while in development. It is amazing. Even if you're good, it makes it easier. More loss of jobs to crnas. Hell high school grads. Anesthesia techs.

Members don't see this ad :)
I tried it when the reps came to my program. It helps you find the needle, but if you are proficient enough, it is totally unnecessary technology. I would even argue against using this to train residents as this is such debilitating training wheel. I don't know how a resident that learned to do blocks only using this will ever be able to be good at blocks without it.

I guess you could make the argument that this should be the standard of care if it makes it that much easier to perform blocks...

Is it helpful for steep and deep blocks?

This needle angle looks very steep, yet it’s still very bright.

11D62C0B-25CC-45DD-83C8-7E983B198406.jpeg

Last edited:
Is it helpful for steep and deep blocks?
If I remember correctly, yes. The machine tells you how off you are from the plane of your US beam, so if you are parallel to the US beam bc you are going so steep, I think it still tells you that your needle is very close to the plane you are viewing although you don't see the physical needle in your plane.

Reactions: 1 user