umaryland interview

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

varum_99

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
those of you who already applied to maryland and got in, don't mind me asking, but what kind of question they ask?

Members don't see this ad.

those of you who already applied to maryland and got in, don't mind me asking, but what kind of question they ask?

Hi, I got interviewed yesterday and don't know the result yet. They said they won't do rolling this year so no decisons until late March. I cannot remember all the questions asked but you can find all of them from the interview feedback of UMB. The format is: 30min general introduction of the program (we were told that they will increase the size of the class from 120 to 160 with 40 students on another campus), 30min with a faculty, 30min with a student, 1hr group discussion with two PharmD students of UMB and other applicants, 45min for an essay (not challenging topic at all, just make sure no spelling or grammar errors). Except the introduction at the beginning, everyone has different schedule (finish all the sections but in different sequence). I hope this helps. Good luck!
BTW, I think the whole interview is very long. I got exhausted at the end since I was out state and took a long trip the day before. So a good sleep and a good meal definately help. They also provided some snacks and water.

Hi, I got interviewed yesterday and don't know the result yet. They said they won't do rolling this year so no decisons until late March. I cannot remember all the questions asked but you can find all of them from the interview feedback of UMB. The format is: 30min general introduction of the program (we were told that they will increase the size of the class from 120 to 160 with 40 students on another campus), 30min with a faculty, 30min with a student, 1hr group discussion with two PharmD students of UMB and other applicants, 45min for an essay (not challenging topic at all, just make sure no spelling or grammar errors). Except the introduction at the beginning, everyone has different schedule (finish all the sections but in different sequence). I hope this helps. Good luck!
BTW, I think the hope interview is very long. I got exhausted at the end since I was out state and took a long trip the day before. So a good sleep and a good meal definately help. They also provided some snacks and water.

I want to know if you get to choose what topics to write?

Or, they just gave you one topic...?

Thanks~~

Members don't see this ad :)
There is only one topic, no other options. All of us got the same one. A short article was attached, so you need to read it first before write.

I didn't see mention of a second campus and increased enrollment on the website. If accepted, do you get to choose which campus and do you happen to know where the second campus is located?

I didn't see mention of a second campus and increased enrollment on the website. If accepted, do you get to choose which campus and do you happen to know where the second campus is located?

We were informed the day of interview. It is kinda decided not too long ago. The other campus is Shady Grove and the 40 students will view most the video-taped lectures on-line (long distance learning). Only students at the top of the list can choose campus until one campus is filled.