UMaryland Waitlist?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Aurora

5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello Everyone,

Is anyone else on the University of Maryland waitlist? Also has anyone given a deposit to UMaryland and not planning on going there? I'm waiting to get off the waitlist there. Maybe we can keep each other posted.

Thanks!
Aurora

Members don't see this ad.

Also...is it really true that the schools don't rank the people on the waitlist? UMaryland said that their waitlist is not ranked. I wish they would rank the waitlist so that we have some idea of what our chances are. :(

Aurora

When was your interview Aurora?
I interview in mid Jan and got my acceptance in April after being placed on waitlist for 3 months. (I declined the acceptance cos I was accepted to my number 1 choice) I have no idea how their waitlist system works, but I guess it might have something to do with earlier interview date. You know, I think the list will move again in July/August when people start going to school and have to decline their acceptances. I know it sucks, but I guess there is nothing else to do than wait.

ecdoesit said:
When was your interview Aurora?
I interview in mid Jan and got my acceptance in April after being placed on waitlist for 3 months. (I declined the acceptance cos I was accepted to my number 1 choice) I have no idea how their waitlist system works, but I guess it might have something to do with earlier interview date. You know, I think the list will move again in July/August when people start going to school and have to decline their acceptances. I know it sucks, but I guess there is nothing else to do than wait.

Thanks for the response:) Do you think a lot of people still have deposits at multiple places? I thought everyone would have decided by now. I just don't understand how spots become available in August. Because there's so much information you have to submit to schools inbetween now and August like health info, financial aid, etc.

btw...did you find out if UMaryland ranks the people on the waitlist?

Thanks
Aurora