UMaryland

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

teethmonkey

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I have a question for anyone who goes to UMaryland or knows of something there. Do they place a lot of emphasis on the PAT portion of their test? I got an 23 AA but a 16 PAT so I am kinda worried about which schools would be more concerned with the PAT score. Does anyone know which schools really look at the PAT?

Members don't see this ad.

if you're in-state, i wouldn't worry about it.

I was accepted to UMarlyand, Nova, Boston U., Tufts, and Case Western with a 15 PAT (21 AA, ~3.5 gpa).

After these initial acceptances, I did end up retaking the DAT as an attempt to get into a different school. My 2nd attempt: 22AA, 20 TS, 19 PAT :)

One of the interviewers at Maryland specifically told me not to worry about my PAT score.

With a 23 AA you should have nothing to worry about! (Assuming your gpa is okay).

teethmonkey said:
I have a question for anyone who goes to UMaryland or knows of something there. Do they place a lot of emphasis on the PAT portion of their test? I got an 23 AA but a 16 PAT so I am kinda worried about which schools would be more concerned with the PAT score. Does anyone know which schools really look at the PAT?

Members don't see this ad :)
if you're in-state, i wouldn't worry about it.

how about if you are not in-state? I'm from Mass..

dprice121 said:
I was accepted to UMarlyand, Nova, Boston U., Tufts, and Case Western with a 15 PAT (21 AA, ~3.5 gpa).

After these initial acceptances, I did end up retaking the DAT as an attempt to get into a different school. My 2nd attempt: 22AA, 20 TS, 19 PAT :)

One of the interviewers at Maryland specifically told me not to worry about my PAT score.

With a 23 AA you should have nothing to worry about! (Assuming your gpa is okay).

so would you recommend taking the DATs again?

i wouldnt worry too much. i would wait and see. when did u take it? u have to wait for 3 months anyway, right? another approach is to call the schools and talk with them directly. they will give u good advice. u know, besides stats, there are other things that are important to present urself.

took it in june...my advisor said if i was worried about it...to put on my apps that i intend on taking it again..but i think this may cause some schools to put my app on hold since they think i'm taking it again..

I remember during my interview at md that they didn't care too much about the PAT, I think you can also find that statement on their website, I remember reading about that too when I applied there last year. Other schools may say something about it (not sure, just assuming) but not md. best bet would be to call them and ask them directly, good luck

Don't retake it. Maryland does not care much about the PAT.

c/o 2008 Maryland.

how about Upenn? do they care a lot about the PAT score?