UMASS - Berkshire

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

hellofromks

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Have an upcoming interview there and was wondering if anyone could tell me some positives/negatives about the program.

Members don't see this ad.

Hi, I am a PGY-2 at the UMASS Med School program in Worcester; I don't know much about Berkshire Medical Center, but many UMASS students rotate through there. Western Mass is very pretty, plenty of places to hike out in the Berks if you're into that.. From what I've heard from students, BMC is a community hospital in Pittsfield, about 130 miles west of Boston; the number of categoral IM's is accordingly small. Most students liked the relaxed environment and attendings, but noted that there were a few pretty unhappy residents. Don't know what to make of that. BMC seems like a nice program, but if you are looking to go for a fellowship, I would definitely recommend one of the well-known community programs in New England such as Lahey or Maine Medical Center, or one of the university-based programs; I really like it here at UMASS in Worcester; feel free to look up any of my old posts or ask any ?'s.