UMass Boston premed program?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Blisterpeanuts

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi,
Has anyone attended the U Mass Boston premed program?

I'm curious how it compares to Harvard Extension school. I've taken computer science courses at U Mass Boston in years past and I have been very pleased with the quality of the instruction (if not the facilities) but I suspect the pre-med sciences are going to be a little different.

Thanks,
bp

Members don't see this ad.

I don't know how it compares to Harvard. I talked to a few people at UMass they mentioned what steered them from Harvard to UMass was their flexibility(you can start in the spring). Another reason mentioned was the competitive atmosphere at Harvard. The quality of instruction is as good in premed. I've also taken some computer science courses in years past. It seems the place it crawling with pre health people, there are a lot of people who seem to take courses a la carte including me.

Edit
The program will get you in to med school provided you put in the time. There's another member here who did his informal postbacc at UMass, ncalcate. Just pick the place that you feel will help you excel. No point in going to harvard and getting Bs with Cs, if you feel that Umass will help you get As because the bottom line is admissions people seem to prefer As regardless of where you got it, no buts and ifs for them.

The faculty here really cares about teaching.