UMB housing

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ash21

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi!!! I just had my interview with UMB over the weekend. Phew! Anyway, I won't get a reply for another couple of weeks, the latest I will hear from them is May 1st. I was wondering if I should apply for on-campus housing now, even though I haven't been accepted yet. Also, for any current UMB students, any feedback on housing (Pascault Row, Baltimore Student Union, and the like)? Thanks!:)

Members don't see this ad.

Hey Ash21,

What was your impression of the school and the city? I'm heading over there for my interview next week and I must say I'm a bit scared 'cause I've never been to the east coast...

Anyhoo, good luck! :)

Hey Sunkiki,

Overall, I had a great experience at UMB. The faculty and the students were extremely friendly. The good thing is that the school is located within the city of Baltimore, so there isn't that feeling of isolation that I'm used to as an undergrad. The bad thing is that once you past a certain area of the city, it gets kinda scary. But there was always security or police surveilling the area, so I wasn't THAT scared. There's the Baltimore Ravens stadium located like 5 minutes away from the school if you're into football. There's also the Harbor, which I didn't get a chance to visit but I hear it's cool.
The school itself is pretty awesome. It was built in like the 1800's, so there's the old school vibe, which I'm totally digging. The Dental School, School of Medicine, School of Nursing are within walking distance of Pharmacy Hall, so it's cool to have other Health Science people around the area. The people there are way nice. I remember standing in the lobby, waiting for my ride to come pick me up after the interview and like 10 different people (inclduing the Assistant Dean!) asked me if I had a ride. I wanted to attend UMB before the interview, now I really want to go after having my interview!! I hope this helps. If you have any other questions about the interview or whatever, just let me know. Good luck on your interview

Yeah I thought all the people at UMB were great as well. Dr. Beardsley is such a nice guy. As far as housing, I am also wondering whether I should go ahead and apply for campus housing. I am waiting to hear back from my first-choice school before I proceed. Those new "University Suites at Fayette Square" look nice... but they are freaking expensive. Make sure you check out the University's Housing web page and not just the Housing link on the college of pharmacy page... there is a lot more information there:
http://www.housing.umaryland.edu/
Good luck to both ash and sunkiki! And Ash, count on hearing back from them FAST. They really don't screw around... they send out letters when they say they will.
Shannon