UMD vs. Howard

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ToothPuller

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Maryland is a better dental school in terms of technology but Howard will be cheaper for me with scholarship. I am OOS for Maryland. What would you guys recommend? I will really appreciate your feedbacks. Thank you!

Members don't see this ad.

How much cheaper is Howard?

With everything included I wanna I will save about 30k for the first year.

Members don't see this ad :)
Sorry- I meant what is the total amount in loans for both schools?

For UMD including everything since I'm a non resident I would have to take out about 80k in loans!
For Howard It will be about 50k because I could commute to school and live at home.

Oh you're in a very good position! Grats!!!!

If I were in your shoes, I'd go UMD (better technology and I've heard better clinical experience). I've read AWESOME things about UMD. Cost difference is not that significant in your case. You can pay off easily no matter what you do! Take your pick!

I hope to be in your shoes one day.

Reactions: 1 user
Thanks a lot IncisOr I think you are right! I heard from most people that go to a cheaper school that's why I wasn't sure. But I think UMD is the right choice in this case.

I heard from most people that go to a cheaper school that's why I wasn't sure. But I think UMD is the right choice in this case.

Yeah I hear you- I think that's directed at those trying to decide between 400K and 200K LOL.

If you don't mind me asking, what are your stats? UMD is a school I am interested in, so I wanted to know what puts someone in a "good position" like yourself. You can PM me if you want!

LOL you are right! I wish you all the very best! I am pretty sure you will make it to UMD :)
I will PM you my stats!

Reactions: 1 user