UMDNJ Admissions

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Shark7

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Is it just me, or is the UMDNJ admissions process slow? It's been a long time since I've turned in my secondary, so I figure I will get a rejection letter. The problem is, that hasn't even come yet. So far they have sent me information about their master's program (????), and an invitation for an open house 3 days before it occurred (I live in Ohio). Is it possible that silence can be their rejection process? Anyway, if any of you are having a similar experience, I'd be curious to hear about it. Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

I keep getting big envelopes about their master's program and open house but no word about rejection or anything which must be inevitable by now. I cant understand how the admissions works there, I thought i was for sure getting an interview but at this point I have gotten interviews/acceptances at much better schools so i dont care. However, its still strange

Ru

Hi everyone,

I got the open house letter too, called the school and said that I was a little surprised (and a little irritated) to receive a letter inviting me to an open house when I hadn't even heard from them - they said that the admissions process is almost complete and that they will be sending out letters around the 15th of April (still haven't heard anything).

I'm not really surprised as here are the other schools I haven't heard back from:

Nova, Michigan State, NYCOM, Pikeville, and UHS

Michigan didn't respond to my primary and Nova, NYCOM, UMDNJ, Pikeville and UHS never responded to my secondary. I sent them all emails but never heard anything other than a email from pikeville saying they "favor appalachian residents".

Good luck to those who interviewed and haven't heard, this process is TORTURE!!

Kay

Members don't see this ad :)
Anybody try picking up the phone? The people at UMDNJ are EXTREMELY NICE. At least give them a call, I'm sure they'll let you know what's going on.

-J

I wasn't saying they weren't nice people, just not very communicative. They didn't respond to my email a few months ago either.

The letter states that I could have attended their open house and Q & A session because "this may be what you need for that interview. We know its part of what you will need in order to become a successful candidate".

If they sent it to me based off a submission from their website, it would have been appropriate, but not when I'm waiting for word on my secondary. However nice they are, it gives the impression that they are unorganized and inconsiderate of the massive amounts of stress we (or maybe just me) are under as we're in "waiting" mode.

I know I'm complaining but my mom saw the letter and got all excited because she thought I had another interview. It was hard to tell her the sad truth.

I got accepted in March.
I turned in my application late January and received an interview request only a week or to after. I was suprized how fast.
After my interview they got back to me within only a few days.
I have heard though they they have a long interview season so be patient.
My experience via email has been very very good. I wrote several emails to them before even applying and got replies within 24hours in most cases.

Good luck.

Andrew

amccague,
what email address where you using for UMDNJ? thanks!!!