umdnj biomedsci vs. bu med sci (for dental)

Started by aznsfla
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

aznsfla

Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
So I am wondering which program would be a better fit for a person who has a low GPA trying to go to dental school. I am in at UMDNJ but possibly will have BU to go to. I am looking for housing at UMDNJ but will have news from BU by the end of this week or early next week. I am in the east coast for this week only to look for housing. I really dont want to have to sign a lease then break it right after. I am going ahead and planning to attend UMDNJ until then. Anyone have any suggestions?
 
Well I called UOP and some other dent schools..they said it really doesnt matter...is this pretty much the case?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I also was accepted into umdnj biomedical science and i am having a similar problem. I was not placed into the one dental class that umdnj offers so im not sure whether or not to attend there. I can live at home and take biomedicial sciences at PCOM in philly, or i can move up to north jersey and take biomedical science classes up there. im just worried that withdrawing my accpetance from umdnj will affect my dental application. Its so confusing isn't it. I would check and see if your accepted into the dental class first - that may help you in deciding even though I have no idea what to do.
 
I was placed into the dental class at UMDNJ....Also, I called d-schools and found out that it really doesnt matter which SMP you go to...so instead of BU ...i think im gonna go to UMDNJ..cheaper....and i got placed into the dental class......so its a plus....in any case....good luck


cbarry said:
I also was accepted into umdnj biomedical science and i am having a similar problem. I was not placed into the one dental class that umdnj offers so im not sure whether or not to attend there. I can live at home and take biomedicial sciences at PCOM in philly, or i can move up to north jersey and take biomedical science classes up there. im just worried that withdrawing my accpetance from umdnj will affect my dental application. Its so confusing isn't it. I would check and see if your accepted into the dental class first - that may help you in deciding even though I have no idea what to do.