umdnj day

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

mdoclau

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Well I went to the students accepted day and it was really impressive, now my dilemma remains. I wish nova had a day like umdnj, someone please convince me that I should pick nova. I'm sure if they had an accepted students day I would have loved it there to.

Members don't see this ad.

Both very good schools.

Nova is warmer

Does that help?

Well I went to the students accepted day and it was really impressive, now my dilemma remains. I wish nova had a day like umdnj, someone please convince me that I should pick nova. I'm sure if they had an accepted students day I would have loved it there to.

How was it?

Members don't see this ad :)

Yah it was a great day. Wish they had more 3rd & 4th year students to ask questions about those years, and wish they'd handed out a complete match list, but other than that it was really great to have a day like that. I've been wishing DMU would do it, like you're wishing Nova did. You can just go visit the school on your own instead (that's my plan this week). I guess it would be really tough to organize a day like that for schools with a class size that is so much larger.

From what I have seenm UMDNJ seems to be one of the most impressive osteopathic schools out there. There teaching facilities seem to be amazing.

sorry to hear there weren't many 3rd and 4th years available. the 4th years are all pretty much scattered and basically done as they have all matched and are completing requirements. the 3rd years are busy finishing up clinical rotations, working on research projects, and studying for shelf exams. I for one was in NYC for the auto show! but would have been in my Family Med office for the entire day anyway.

if you guys have questions about clinical years or anything about the school keep posting here (I'll do my best to keep checking in) or PM me.

-J, OMS-III

what was the crude schedule for the day?

Yah it was a great day. Wish they had more 3rd & 4th year students to ask questions about those years, and wish they'd handed out a complete match list, but other than that it was really great to have a day like that. I've been wishing DMU would do it, like you're wishing Nova did. You can just go visit the school on your own instead (that's my plan this week). I guess it would be really tough to organize a day like that for schools with a class size that is so much larger.

so it wasn't a great day after all:smuggrin:

so it wasn't a great day after all:smuggrin:

ARGH!!

I did say OTHER THAN THAT, it was a great day! The 1st & 2nd years did what they could to answer or find out the answers to questions we had on years 3 & 4 - it was nice - they were extremely helpful! It's just sometimes nice to talk to someone in person about it if they are already experiencing it - that's all. Mostly like DOctorJay was saying - they're out there in the middle of things - can't imagine it's realistic to see them around - I was just hopeful, is all.

The match list was also just a wish - since the timing was right, I was hoping they'd have it for us. No biggie.

The day was great! And I got a cool sweatshirt! :D

ARGH!!

I did say OTHER THAN THAT, it was a great day! The 1st & 2nd years did what they could to answer or find out the answers to questions we had on years 3 & 4 - it was nice - they were extremely helpful! It's just sometimes nice to talk to someone in person about it if they are already experiencing it - that's all. Mostly like DOctorJay was saying - they're out there in the middle of things - can't imagine it's realistic to see them around - I was just hopeful, is all.

The match list was also just a wish - since the timing was right, I was hoping they'd have it for us. No biggie.

Reason alone to go to a med school ...

ARGH!!

I couldn't make it because of my Orgo lab $ p. chem class... Do you know if everybody (minus Me) made it or is it just a few of the "accepted students" who showed up!

I couldn't make it because of my Orgo lab $ p. chem class... Do you know if everybody (minus Me) made it or is it just a few of the "accepted students" who showed up!

You weren't gonna show up anyhow. Unless you're still debating on a DO school over an MD school ... although, since it is MCW, might be a 40K debate.

I was told that about 80 of the class were there, so 80 out of an eventual 108. Then there was everybody the 80 brought with them.....

The doctor responsible for the OB/GYN rotation was very funny. According to him, the OB/GYN rotation is very hands on and 3rd/4th years get to actually deliever babies!. (but then i heard that students in AZCOM get to do that too)

The doctor responsible for the OB/GYN rotation was very funny. According to him, the OB/GYN rotation is very hands on and 3rd/4th years get to actually deliever babies!. (but then i heard that students in AZCOM get to do that too)

I think many schools' students get to do that.

I was told that about 80 of the class were there, so 80 out of an eventual 108. Then there was everybody the 80 brought with them.....

I think the day was great, learned alot about the school and it almost convinced me to go there.

I think the day was great, learned alot about the school and it almost convinced me to go there.

How are the clinicals at UMDNJ compared to other schools you were thinking about? I am about to apply next year and trying to figure out which school will give the best clinical exposure...

How are the clinicals at UMDNJ compared to other schools you were thinking about? I am about to apply next year and trying to figure out which school will give the best clinical exposure...
they are suppose to be great, at least thats put the students say, you know everything sounds great when you go to these things I think sometimes the students and faculity great paided to boost there school