UMDNJ Dental student!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

atlanta213

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am pre-dental student. I did not get into dental school this year. I will apply to dental school next year again. This will be my third year applying to d-school.
I got into UMDNJ MBS program in March so I am researching this program and school as well. This program offers dental physiology and biochemistry at UMDNJ dental school. Bascially, I am going to take theses two courses with dental student. Through the conversations with dental students and dentists I aware that those two dental courses are very hard to get A. Of course, I am going to try my best in class. However, i am trying to be realistic. With paying not necessary 30K for master and wasting time, I want to assure that I have a good change to do well in course. If chances are very minimal for A, I would have to think again about attending UMDNJ master program. Please give me your advice.

I understand that this is the place for dental students. I am sorry if it bothers anyone.

Thank you in advance.

Members don't see this ad.

I am pre-dental student. I did not get into dental school this year. I will apply to dental school next year again. This will be my third year applying to d-school.
I got into UMDNJ MBS program in March so I am researching this program and school as well. This program offers dental physiology and biochemistry at UMDNJ dental school. Bascially, I am going to take theses two courses with dental student. Through the conversations with dental students and dentists I aware that those two dental courses are very hard to get A. Of course, I am going to try my best in class. However, i am trying to be realistic. With paying not necessary 30K for master and wasting time, I want to assure that I have a good change to do well in course. If chances are very minimal for A, I would have to think again about attending UMDNJ master program. Please give me your advice.

I understand that this is the place for dental students. I am sorry if it bothers anyone.

Thank you in advance.

Dental Physiology is very difficult, but Dental Biochem is doable from what I heard. You can also take Oral Microbio which is a D2 class that I got an A in, as well as Oral Immunology, which I heard was doable.

Dental Physio is pretty difficult but not impossible...the GI exam I hear is brutal, but I know of a few masters students who ended up with B+, no one got an A from what I heard.

Members don't see this ad :)
There's a lot more dental courses that you could take besides physio and biochem. Those two and Dental Histology are the three courses where you must get permission to take the course prior to. Beyond those courses, as cmcner mentioned, there's also Oral Micro and Oral Immuno.

They don't give out information on the number of students who get in unfortunately but from what I hear and from many of the students in the program, the rate is pretty high for people who complete the program. Although this might also be partially due to the fact that the people who are joining this program are heavily motivated knowing it's their last chance.

p.s. UMDNJ requires a full year worth of grades before they consider your application.

atlanta- can you share us your stats? am wondering how hard it is to get into umdnj

atlanta- can you share us your stats? am wondering how hard it is to get into umdnj

are you referring to umdnj masters program? There's three campuses; newark, stratford and new brunswick. New brunswick has the earliest deadline but in terms of stats to get in, they're a lot lower than trying to get into dental school haha.

Hi all,

I got approved for the dental physiology class, but I see ppl saying it is difficult to do well...

Is it really bad that I should avoid it? =(