UMDNJ Interview Ques.

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

angel dust

Pre-Dental Student
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
hey, was wondering if anyone knew any interview ques. for UMDNJ besides the typical "why dentistry? are you happy with your score? and ques pertaining to grades?" and how the interview is conducted.

Members don't see this ad.

angel dust said:
hey, was wondering if anyone knew any interview ques. for UMDNJ besides the typical "why dentistry? are you happy with your score? and ques pertaining to grades?" and how the interview is conducted.

VERY laid back.

kinda dumb though that when I went they had a 'shortage' of interviewers and so there were some professors interviewing us who normally don't interview students. FOR EXAMPLE, my interview was no more than 8 minutes! He didn't ask me 'why dentistry' or about my grades.

asked me about my research and my dental office job. then said, so, now you ask me questions.

i thought that was kind of stupid. the school should've at least made an attempt to try to find out more about who i am, instead of judging me SIMPLY on my gpa and dat (i have a low gpa, good dat).

dentwannabe said:
VERY laid back.

kinda dumb though that when I went they had a 'shortage' of interviewers and so there were some professors interviewing us who normally don't interview students. FOR EXAMPLE, my interview was no more than 8 minutes! He didn't ask me 'why dentistry' or about my grades.

asked me about my research and my dental office job. then said, so, now you ask me questions.

i thought that was kind of stupid. the school should've at least made an attempt to try to find out more about who i am, instead of judging me SIMPLY on my gpa and dat (i have a low gpa, good dat).
yeh i have a low GPA and i plan on taking the DAT and getting a higher score than the first time i took it. but i wanna do the graduate prog. at UMDNJ first. did you get in to UMDNJ?

angel dust said:
yeh i have a low GPA and i plan on taking the DAT and getting a higher score than the first time i took it. but i wanna do the graduate prog. at UMDNJ first. did you get in to UMDNJ?

no i didn't get in. Oh, grad program should be nice. I did undergrad research at umdnj, so definitely a lot of good opportunities there. i just didn't like how they didn't raise any questions AT ALL during the interview and then send me a rejection letter on dec. 1.

GOOD LUCK.